New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · No Sales Tax on Internet Purchases Just About Over

lukeb
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · No Sales Tax on Internet Purchases Just About Over

Congress is trying to sneak through a bill to compel State Sales Tax on Internet purchases. According to the Washington Post, it will cost consumers 23 billion dollars a year. Bye-bye saving money by buying over the Internet from B&H/Adorama/Amazon etc.

Unless there is a big campaign by consumers. Congress is going to fast track this though the House and Senate.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2012/07/get-ready-to-pay-online-sales-tax/

Much better discussion on bill:

http://www.businessknowhow.com/money/InternetTax.htm

Edited on Jul 16, 2012 at 05:37 PM · View previous versions

Jul 16, 2012 at 05:14 PM
netexpress
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · No Sales Tax on Internet Purchases Just About Over

California has already come to an agreement with Amazon behind closed doors to collect online sales tax. I believe it starts in October. However, what our massively corrupt politicians didn't tell us was that when Amazon collects CA tax Amazon effectively gets to keep it as a kick back for "creating jobs." And to think they sold this as a fairness issue of Amazon versus main street. Gee Governor Brown, I create jobs with my main street business in California - have for over two decades, Can I keep the sale tax I collect? No, I didn't think so. So Amazon now has a 8.75% advantage locked in over our main street businesses. And Amazon can now openly have a nexus in California. And they are now working on a network of warehouses across the entire US. evenly spaced so they can have same day delivery everywhere and they get to keep the tax. Nice! Amazon is one of the main proponents of the national sales tax, think about that for a second, why? Because it worked out so well for them in California why not roll out the same deal nationally. Soon no small business will ever again be able to compete with Amazon who will be subsidized by the tax payer.

Jul 16, 2012 at 05:35 PM
lukeb
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · No Sales Tax on Internet Purchases Just About Over

The problem with the Bill, it is a NATIONAL SALES TAX. The 5% would be used by Uncle Sam as grants back to the states. If the bill was giving ALL the money back to the states, that would be different - but its not! Its another national tax.

Jul 16, 2012 at 05:41 PM
netexpress
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · No Sales Tax on Internet Purchases Just About Over

Luke in the final analysis you and I are just a revenue stream.

Have you ever seen the movie Brazil?

Jul 16, 2012 at 05:45 PM
lukeb
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · No Sales Tax on Internet Purchases Just About Over

netexpress wrote:
Luke in the final analysis you and I are just a revenue stream.

Have you ever seen the movie Brazil?

You are 100% correct - we are nothing more that a money machine for Washington. Hollings and Durban are behind this.

I don't recall Brazil - but will check it out.

Jul 16, 2012 at 05:54 PM
netexpress
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · No Sales Tax on Internet Purchases Just About Over

You gotta watch the movie Brazil. If this stuff gets your blood pressure up Brazil will be your all time favorite dystopian movie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_%28film%29

Jul 16, 2012 at 05:59 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · No Sales Tax on Internet Purchases Just About Over

Well of course, folks!!! Didn't you know that if you are a business owner, you didn't build it? Shit, government did it!! Just ask His Imperial Majesty, he'll tell ya So, why not fork over your hard earned bucks, it's only the right thing to do - you know, in the interest of fairness. BTW, I started my own business in 2004, almost went belly-up in 2008, didn't ask either of the president assholes for a f'g dime, saved it and sold it at a modest profit in 2010. So... there ya have it

Jul 16, 2012 at 06:00 PM
netexpress
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · No Sales Tax on Internet Purchases Just About Over

Well Ant, don't hold back - tell us what you really think!

Yeah - I couldn't believe he actually said that either.

Mankind is political - but we've never been very good at it. I have to think back to Carl Sagan and all those billions and billions of stars and billions and billions of planets he used to talk about and that there must be civilizations out there that are better at politics, religion, philosophy and art than we are. As depressed as our current political state makes me I always remember that mankind has one really cool thing. Something we can all be proud of... an opposable thumb. Now that's something to be grateful for. You know I think we may really have something there. But politics, not so much.

Jul 16, 2012 at 06:11 PM
lukeb
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · No Sales Tax on Internet Purchases Just About Over

netexpress wrote:
You gotta watch the movie Brazil. If this stuff gets your blood pressure up Brazil will be your all time favorite dystopian movie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_%28film%29

$10.70 at Amazon - just ordered it so I can beat the New Federal Internet Tax!

Jul 16, 2012 at 06:20 PM
netexpress
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · No Sales Tax on Internet Purchases Just About Over

Luke the irony! The irony is killing me!

Jul 16, 2012 at 06:22 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · No Sales Tax on Internet Purchases Just About Over

Well the tax dollars will be used to bomb countries with oil so we can get gas cheap!.

Jul 16, 2012 at 07:09 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.