New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · New member here

vsg28
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New member here

Hello all,

I wanted to introduce myself a bit, if you do not mind. I joined in for the Buy and Sell forum, but have found myself posting/exploring a whole lot more of this website. I am a Canon guy and bought my first DSLR last November. I went with a 60D w/18-135mm kit because it "cost less" than a 7D and I was a hesitant putting a lot of cash in something like this coming in from a point-and-shoot (Canon SX30 IS).

Well since last november, I added 4 more lenses including a new 24-105 L. The first L lens was probably it, and now I am looking around for a 70-200 f/2.8 IS II. No guilt at all, photography has become a great hobby now. Here's to looking forward to knowing more people here and contributing as well

Jul 15, 2012 at 09:21 PM
Wobble
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New member here

Hello and Welcome to FM. Update your profile with the gear you have so members can recommend upgrades/trades/help. What type of shooting do you like? I understand that the 70-200 II is a wonderful tool to have.

Jul 15, 2012 at 09:40 PM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New member here

Thanks! I will update my profile as soon as I can.

I am an international student doing my PhD in Houston (does not mean I will be scamming people and running back home) and hence I am not allowed to earn money off from photography. This is quite fine with me, as it is just a serious hobby for me. I get to photograph a lot of events for the university as well as for personal events. The 24-105L helps as a personal walk around lens, whereas my 50mm F/1.4 and (soon) my 70-200 II will be mostly for events. I have also modded my old SX30 IS to take IR pictures, and I occasionally use a Tokina 11-16mm for landscape/HDR photography.

Jul 16, 2012 at 07:31 AM
omarlyn
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New member here

vsg28 wrote:
Hello all,

I wanted to introduce myself a bit, if you do not mind. I joined in for the Buy and Sell forum, but have found myself posting/exploring a whole lot more of this website.

That's the BEST way...some members ONLY use the B&S forum (that's fine, nothing wrong with that) but when I buy or sell something here myself, I always reach out to those that are active across the entire site than those that are B&S only. OBTW...welcome!

Omar

Jul 16, 2012 at 08:51 AM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New member here

Yup, I know what you mean. It also helps that this website is so active. Thanks for the welcome!

Jul 16, 2012 at 09:22 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.