Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Norfolk Botanical Garden

mitesh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Norfolk Botanical Garden

Hi everyone,

My first post in this forum, please feel free to offer your opinions and suggestions!

These were shot today at the Norfolk Botanical Garden in Norfolk, VA. I used a Canon 5D3 and a 100 ZE. The only processing on these was tweaking colors a bit and adding some vignetting to isolate the subject and remove some distractions.

Thanks for looking!

Mitesh

Jul 15, 2012 at 06:13 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Norfolk Botanical Garden

Welcome to N&W Mitesh. You are off to a nice start ~ Ron

Jul 15, 2012 at 07:06 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Norfolk Botanical Garden

surfnron wrote:
Welcome to N&W Mitesh. You are off to a nice start ~ Ron

Ron,

Thanks for the welcome and kind words! I'm looking for any suggestions or tips on composition, technique, and processing. Please feel free to chime in. Thanks!

Jul 15, 2012 at 08:35 PM
Ernie Aubert
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Norfolk Botanical Garden

Since you solicited input, here's my tuppence worth: I like the compositions. I'd prefer more depth of field.

Thanks for adding more flora to the bird forum.

Jul 15, 2012 at 08:55 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Norfolk Botanical Garden

Welcome and nice first posting.
Keeping in mind that this is very subjective here are my thoughts.

1. The fern on the left seems to be in more focus than the flower and competes with the flower.

2. NIce composition. I would even crop a bit tighter from the right side and some off the bottom.

3. I do like this shot quite a bit. The shallow depth of field works on this one for me. I like that there is not too much foreground. I personally find that if the foreground is out of focus and occupies a large portion of the frame that it is distracting to the eye.

Just my humble thoughts on your nice set.

Birdie

Jul 15, 2012 at 09:10 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Norfolk Botanical Garden

Ernie Aubert wrote:
Since you solicited input, here's my tuppence worth: I like the compositions. I'd prefer more depth of field.

Thanks for adding more flora to the bird forum.

Ernie,

Thanks for the opinion. I actually did take several shots of each at varying apertures. I will work a few of those up and post them. Thanks again!

Jul 15, 2012 at 09:10 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Norfolk Botanical Garden

birdied wrote:
Welcome and nice first posting.
Keeping in mind that this is very subjective here are my thoughts.

1. The fern on the left seems to be in more focus than the flower and competes with the flower.

2. NIce composition. I would even crop a bit tighter from the right side and some off the bottom.

3. I do like this shot quite a bit. The shallow depth of field works on this one for me. I like that there is not too much foreground. I personally find that if the foreground is out of focus and occupies a large portion of
...Show more

Great input, Birdie! I completely agree with your comment on #1 after reading your comment and looking at it again. Thanks!

Jul 15, 2012 at 09:13 PM
dorian
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Norfolk Botanical Garden

mitesh

i agree more depth of field would be great if you can manage it. generally the images are well composed and interesting, so keep at it and let us see how you tweek things in the future!

dorian

Jul 15, 2012 at 09:30 PM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Norfolk Botanical Garden

The last one is simply awesome

Jul 16, 2012 at 06:15 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.