Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · World's Smallest Raptor & The Butterfly - Pied Falcon...

Frogfish
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · World's Smallest Raptor & The Butterfly - Pied Falconets Part 2

Well almost.

Continuing on from this thread here : http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1130179

Please read the introduction and information in the link above for details of these amazing, wonderful tiny birds.

Having enjoyed a number of dragonflies (and a small bird the day before I heard) this time one of the parents caught a butterfly and then proceeded to sit on the bough and call the fledgling in to share in the errr umm 'feast' ?

1. Where IS that Fledgling ?

2. Dinner Time !

3. Don't Grab !

4. Now You've Torn It !

5. Tug-O-War

6. Come Back to the Table !

7. Two Wings

8. Mum (Mom) .. I dropped it !

9. Where'd it go ?

10. Share a Wing

11. That Tog is still there Mum !

12. On Your Marks .....

13. Cough, Splutter, Hack ....

14. Arrivederci !

Jul 12, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Herb Houghton
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · World's Smallest Raptor & The Butterfly - Pied Falconets Part 2

Great set of these awesome falcons, Thanks for sharing. I would watch over sharpening of the head. Some of these have speckley or noisy faces.

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:09 AM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · World's Smallest Raptor & The Butterfly - Pied Falconets Part 2

Cool birds. Nice set.

Jul 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · World's Smallest Raptor & The Butterfly - Pied Falconets Part 2

Wonderful series!

Birdie

Jul 12, 2012 at 01:01 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · World's Smallest Raptor & The Butterfly - Pied Falconets Part 2

Just wonderful....really enjoyable series!
Eric

Jul 12, 2012 at 03:31 PM
Shasoc
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · World's Smallest Raptor & The Butterfly - Pied Falconets Part 2

Another interesting behavioral series
Socrate

Jul 12, 2012 at 03:35 PM
waldr_p
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · World's Smallest Raptor & The Butterfly - Pied Falconets Part 2

Another terrific set of images. Paul.

Jul 12, 2012 at 05:14 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · World's Smallest Raptor & The Butterfly - Pied Falconets Part 2

Superb.

Peter

Jul 12, 2012 at 08:24 PM
Podargus01
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · World's Smallest Raptor & The Butterfly - Pied Falconets Part 2

A great behavioural sequence. Thanks for sharing.
Lindsay

Jul 12, 2012 at 08:31 PM
CDaescher
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · World's Smallest Raptor & The Butterfly - Pied Falconets Part 2

Very cool images with great BG colors to go with the Pied Falcons.
Chris

Jul 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · World's Smallest Raptor & The Butterfly - Pied Falconets Part 2

awesome little birds

Jul 12, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · World's Smallest Raptor & The Butterfly - Pied Falconets Part 2

AWESOME~!!!!!!!!!

Jul 13, 2012 at 05:18 PM
dalite
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · World's Smallest Raptor & The Butterfly - Pied Falconets Part 2

Very nice series.

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Candor
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · World's Smallest Raptor & The Butterfly - Pied Falconets Part 2

An amazing raptor on the perfect perch with this type of interaction it doesn't get much better than that. Love this set.

Jul 14, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Frogfish
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · World's Smallest Raptor & The Butterfly - Pied Falconets Part 2

Herb Houghton wrote:
Great set of these awesome falcons, Thanks for sharing. I would watch over sharpening of the head. Some of these have speckley or noisy faces.

Thank you very much Herb ! You are quite right re. sharpening - I have to watch myself sometimes

Jul 14, 2012 at 02:24 PM
Frogfish
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · World's Smallest Raptor & The Butterfly - Pied Falconets Part 2

Thank you very much for commenting; KC, Birdie, Eric, Socrate, Paul, Peter, KM, Conrad & Dalite. Really appreciated !

Jul 14, 2012 at 02:26 PM
Frogfish
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · World's Smallest Raptor & The Butterfly - Pied Falconets Part 2

CDaescher wrote:
Very cool images with great BG colors to go with the Pied Falcons.
Chris

Thanks Chris ! Really lucky with the BG. The bough was maybe 20-25m away but on the banks of a river with the forest that you can actually see in the BG maybe a 150-200m away so blurred beautifully !

Jul 14, 2012 at 02:28 PM
Frogfish
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · World's Smallest Raptor & The Butterfly - Pied Falconets Part 2

Candor wrote:
An amazing raptor on the perfect perch with this type of interaction it doesn't get much better than that. Love this set.

Thank you Candor ! You are so right .. this shoot has spoilt me for life

Jul 14, 2012 at 02:30 PM
Ramkat

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · World's Smallest Raptor & The Butterfly - Pied Falconets Part 2

Great action series of photos and the BK is perfect. We have the Pygmy Falcon in the drier Western part of South Africa, for size comparison here is photo I took in the Kalahari in 2010. The thorns are about 1 inch long.

_MG_7429 by Boskat/Ramkat, on Flickr

Jul 14, 2012 at 03:43 PM
Howard Kearley
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · World's Smallest Raptor & The Butterfly - Pied Falconets Part 2

Awesome

Howard

Jul 14, 2012 at 06:42 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password