Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2012 · movie any one?
  
 
nugeny
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · movie any one?


I got my D4, ready for my African trip. For 10 days, It looked and seemed familiar, almost like my old and trusty D3. When suddenly i see the red button on the right. I pushed it and it started recording movies!!! Well this was not I was bargaining for. I can take movie with my D7k, heck... with my cell phone. I paid $6000.00 for this movie?
Well it comes with the package.
I just want a good camera! ! periode. Can't they do just that?



Jul 11, 2012 at 03:19 AM
Taoguy
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · movie any one?


I just want a good camera! ! periode. Can't they do just that?


Yes, but what would they do with the red button?



Jul 11, 2012 at 03:54 AM
rd4tile
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · movie any one?


The D5 may have cellular capability so you can have a 1 body solution!


Jul 11, 2012 at 04:25 AM
Slug69
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · movie any one?


Buy a D700 then.


Jul 11, 2012 at 05:10 AM
Matt OHarver
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · movie any one?


Someone sure is bitchy about their new D4. Maybe you should get rid of it so you can buy something else to make you unhappy and post threads about....


Jul 11, 2012 at 05:12 AM
cputeq
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · movie any one?


nugeny wroteI just want a good camera! ! periode. Can't they do just that?

Warning - Semantic retaliation

'Camera' can imply still, video, or both. Nikon has chosen to do both, instead of limiting you to just video or just stills.

How nice of them!

So, I would argue they have done 'just that', in that they provided you with a good camera.



Jul 11, 2012 at 07:03 AM
JimFox
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · movie any one?


nugeny wrote:
I got my D4, ready for my African trip. For 10 days, It looked and seemed familiar, almost like my old and trusty D3. When suddenly i see the red button on the right. I pushed it and it started recording movies!!! Well this was not I was bargaining for. I can take movie with my D7k, heck... with my cell phone. I paid $6000.00 for this movie?
Well it comes with the package.
I just want a good camera! ! periode. Can't they do just that?


Hey Bob? What happened to your D800E? And weren't you trying to decide between the D700 and D7000? Now you got the D4? I think there is more going on here then just a red button...

Jim



Jul 11, 2012 at 08:23 AM
Monito
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · movie any one?


nugeny wrote:
I got my D4, ready for my African trip. For 10 days, It looked and seemed familiar, almost like my old and trusty D3. When suddenly i see the red button on the right. I pushed it and it started recording movies!!! Well this was not I was bargaining for. I can take movie with my D7k, heck... with my cell phone. I paid $6000.00 for this movie?


Well, clearly, if pushing the red button makes the camera worth substantially less than $6000 then don't push the red button.



Jul 11, 2012 at 09:51 AM
hidden_Markov
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · movie any one?


Buy a film body. I will guarantee you will never see a movie being recorded in your LCD. Hell, you won't even have an LCD. You will in fact have what you asked for.... A Camera.


Me i'd go rangefinder but I spend too much time at cameraquest looking at .95 glass going that's kind of cool I admit.



Jul 11, 2012 at 11:16 AM
nugeny
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · movie any one?


JimFox wrote:
Hey Bob? What happened to your D800E? And weren't you trying to decide between the D700 and D7000? Now you got the D4? I think there is more going on here then just a red button...

Jim


Jim, first I don't know if D800e would show up in time for my upcoming trip to Kenya. second D4 ---and D3-- would make sure I get all the shots I want, each of these two camera can shoot at 11fps in addition to D7k. I will take 3 lenses and 3 cameras. So not changing lenses in the dusty serengeti.



Jul 11, 2012 at 04:47 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



aztwang1
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · movie any one?


Seriously...You spent 6K on a camera and was not aware it had video? The camera is no less the camera because it has video. Get over it and enjoy the many hi-lites of the D4.


Jul 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM
nugeny
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · movie any one?


aztwang1 wrote:
Seriously...You spent 6K on a camera and was not aware it had video? The camera is no less the camera because it has video. Get over it and enjoy the many hi-lites of the D4.


Just kidding, because i don't care about video. I used to take video years ago with films, that i hardly look at. In the last 12 years since I am serious about photography, I just take still images and I get to see them a lot more. I can go on vacation for two weeks oversea and hope to get ONE good picture, that I would print and frame ....It has been this way and I and all my family, friends get to see my trip through this one picture. It is so much more rewarding.



Jul 12, 2012 at 03:38 AM
davidnholtjr
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · movie any one?


nugeny wrote:
I got my D4, ready for my African trip. For 10 days, It looked and seemed familiar, almost like my old and trusty D3. When suddenly i see the red button on the right. I pushed it and it started recording movies!!! Well this was not I was bargaining for. I can take movie with my D7k, heck... with my cell phone. I paid $6000.00 for this movie?
Well it comes with the package.
I just want a good camera! ! periode. Can't they do just that?


Sorry, but all DSLR camera have video, just the way it is now. I so wish my D700 had video on it. Anyway, enjoy your D4 and remember you don't have to use the video feature.



Aug 09, 2012 at 08:48 PM
Frank_Maiello
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · movie any one?


I got my new 458 Italia, ready for my grand tour. For 10 days, It looked and seemed familiar, almost like my old and trusty F40. When suddenly i see the red button on the right. I pushed it and seconds later it popped out of the dashboard, glowing hot!!! Well this was not I was bargaining for. I can light my crack pipe with my Zippo, heck... with my Bic. I paid (insert large number here) for this?
Well it comes with the package.
I just want a good car! ! periode. Can't they do just that?




Aug 09, 2012 at 09:13 PM
davenfl
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · movie any one?


nugeny wrote:
Just kidding, because i don't care about video. I used to take video years ago with films, that i hardly look at. In the last 12 years since I am serious about photography, I just take still images and I get to see them a lot more. I can go on vacation for two weeks oversea and hope to get ONE good picture, that I would print and frame ....It has been this way and I and all my family, friends get to see my trip through this one picture. It is so much more rewarding.


Sorry Doctor, you may have taken movies years ago with a film movie camera but you never ever took video, that would be quite impossible.

Dave



Aug 09, 2012 at 09:23 PM
honorerdieu
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · movie any one?


If the red button is annoying, then get a pair of pliers and yank that button out. Fill in the hole with super glue or epoxy.


Aug 09, 2012 at 09:28 PM
M Lucca
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · movie any one?


Talk about drama queens.




Aug 09, 2012 at 10:38 PM
ChrisCoy
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · movie any one?


M Lucca wrote:
Talk about drama queens.




Right! I can't even AFFORD it... much less complain about it. Some people are so ungrateful.



Aug 10, 2012 at 09:51 AM
rhyder
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · movie any one?


For the folks that haven't figured it out yet............complaining about his D4 is Nugeny's way of BRAGGING that he has one.

$6,000.00 to take snapshots.



Aug 10, 2012 at 11:53 AM
derry1
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · movie any one?


heck he may even push that red button while in Africa just to see what it does,,

Derry



Aug 10, 2012 at 04:08 PM
1
       2       end




FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password