Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Senior Andrew

stan_r
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Senior Andrew

I photographed this senior last week and he had one request, that after we were finished he wanted to be photographed sitting on a Buffalo statue that sits in the median of a busy highway in a not so good part of town. Of course, anything to book a shoot, it is the last photo in the set. Andrew is a great kid with a great smile. Comments are always welcome. Thanks

Jul 11, 2012 at 01:38 AM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Senior Andrew

why is he taking a shit on a buffalo?

Jul 11, 2012 at 01:53 AM
stan_r
• •
p.1 #3 · Senior Andrew

Did you read my post? This was his request. Also number two looks a little overexposed here but not on my monitor.

Jul 11, 2012 at 01:57 AM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Senior Andrew

stan_r wrote:
Did you read my post? This was his request. Also number two looks a little overexposed here but not on my monitor.

dude im just messing with you... i have nothing constructive to say

Jul 11, 2012 at 02:10 AM
larhouser
• •
p.1 #5 · Senior Andrew

The buffalo shots would have been fun! Add a cowboy had and some rope and make it a goofy day at the rodeo.

Cool shot in number 1

Jul 11, 2012 at 03:14 AM
stan_r
• •
p.1 #6 · Senior Andrew

killersnowman wrote:
dude im just messing with you... i have nothing constructive to say

That's cool, I am still a little jumpy about this shot. Like I said it was in a not so good part of town and I just wanted to get the shot before the police got me! However just as I was about to shoot my PW batteries went dead .

Jul 11, 2012 at 04:09 AM
Mrhappi
• •
p.1 #7 · Senior Andrew

I like this set and cool story about the buffalo. In relation to that last collage - 2 of the 3 shots have a vignette. I'm curious about the creative decision to apply (or not apply) the vignette to a portrait. Can I ask about your thought process not to apply one to the photo in front of the tree?

Not being critical of your creative process, I'm simply more curious because at the moment for me - everything seems better with vignette?!

Jul 11, 2012 at 08:16 AM

Prettym1k3
• • •
p.1 #8 · Senior Andrew

killersnowman wrote:

My day started off pretty crappy. But your comment made me chuckle. Kudos to you, fine sir.

Jul 11, 2012 at 03:54 PM
ESC in KC
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Senior Andrew

I like #2 - but would have liked it even more if he shot that natural and happy looking expression at the camera.

Jul 11, 2012 at 07:34 PM
RoadconePhoto
• •
p.1 #10 · Senior Andrew

killersnowman wrote:

GUY ON A BUFFAAAAALLOOOOOOOOOO

Jul 11, 2012 at 07:36 PM
stan_r
• •
p.1 #11 · Senior Andrew

ESC in KC wrote:
I like #2 - but would have liked it even more if he shot that natural and happy looking expression at the camera.

He did and I got it I just didn't post that, he was a pleasure to shoot!

Jul 11, 2012 at 10:29 PM
stan_r
• •
p.1 #12 · Senior Andrew

Mrhappi wrote:
I like this set and cool story about the buffalo. In relation to that last collage - 2 of the 3 shots have a vignette. I'm curious about the creative decision to apply (or not apply) the vignette to a portrait. Can I ask about your thought process not to apply one to the photo in front of the tree?

Not being critical of your creative process, I'm simply more curious because at the moment for me - everything seems better with vignette?!

I normally do a vignette except when there is a white area in the corner of the frame. The vignette turns that area grey and I find it is distracting. Just how I do it some may like it better. Thanks for asking and commenting!

Jul 11, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Mrhappi
• •
p.1 #13 · Senior Andrew

stan_r wrote:
I normally do a vignette except when there is a white area in the corner of the frame. The vignette turns that area grey and I find it is distracting. Just how I do it some may like it better. Thanks for asking and commenting!

Cool, thx for sharing...

Jul 12, 2012 at 04:01 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password