Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Backpack for the canon 800

wansteadbirder

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Backpack for the canon 800

Hello to all

I never thought I would need another bag. I was wrong. The 800 does not fit in the thinktank airport acceleration v2 by a whisker - highly irritating! My wife thinks I have a bag fetish, I reckon she's right.....

Can anyone suggest a good bag that is not bulky. I love thinktank, are any of their other bags the job. Gura Gear Kiboko has been suggested, but if I travel with this lens I won't be taking enough other stuff to balance out the pack on the other side from the lens. At least with TT you can plonk it down the middle for stability.

Thanks
Jonathan

Jul 10, 2012 at 08:59 PM
sperraglia
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Backpack for the canon 800

It does fit in the kiboko but you are right it may be a bit unbalanced if the other compartment isn't filled and of course when it is filled it is kind of heavy. I like the lowepro 600 lens trekker for my 800 and 1d4 - tight fit but it does the trick. I think kata came out with a backpack for the 800 but it was pricey and I stuck with the lowepro 600.

Jul 11, 2012 at 01:52 AM
sperraglia
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Backpack for the canon 800

Here is a link for the kata bag http://www.naturescapes.net/store/kata-tele-lens-backpack-800.html. B&H has it as discontinued. The lowepro is $225 at B&H so much more of a bargain.

Jul 11, 2012 at 01:57 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Backpack for the canon 800

I use the ThinkTank Airport Addicted backpack when I'm travelling with my 800 lens. I also have the LowePro 600 Lenstrekker. The Airport Addicted is great for travelling and a couple of cm larger than the Kiboko. Which makes it very nice for the 800 lens

Jul 11, 2012 at 07:36 PM
wansteadbirder

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Backpack for the canon 800

happy days, the 800 fits in my existing airport acceleration v2, albeit diagonally.

Jul 22, 2012 at 09:25 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password