Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Adrienne + Brandon l Georgetown

LivLif
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Adrienne + Brandon l Georgetown

So I went into this trying not be safe. I got some great images, but feel like I could of pushed myself a bit more. It was a HOT day. Humid as heck and at least 100 degrees. None the less we had a good time and they enjoyed the shoot.

Feel free to C+C. Give it to me. What do you like and why. What you don't like and why. What I can do to get better. Don't hold back!

Jul 10, 2012 at 01:51 AM
stevez32
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Adrienne + Brandon l Georgetown

I'd like to see the last one with a slower shutter to show more motion.

Jul 10, 2012 at 02:01 AM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Adrienne + Brandon l Georgetown

The only thing I do not care for is the very last shot. Other than that the set is solid.

Jul 10, 2012 at 02:06 AM
JanetG
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Adrienne + Brandon l Georgetown

i would straighten the fountain in 12...i think you got a lot of nice poses here - for me, i would punch the contrast a bit.

Jul 10, 2012 at 02:53 AM
Inku Yo
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Adrienne + Brandon l Georgetown

Nice set. The only thing that bothers me is #2. I don't mind the crop... but her knees. When you pose a woman, you need her bend her knees/elbows so that it doesn't look the way they do in #2.

Jul 10, 2012 at 04:00 AM
ACRe
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Adrienne + Brandon l Georgetown

Inku Yo wrote:
Nice set. The only thing that bothers me is #2. I don't mind the crop... but her knees. When you pose a woman, you need her bend her knees/elbows so that it doesn't look the way they do in #2.

Ooh. Cool tip. Thanks.

As for the set, I think it is very nice. As I say the next comment, please take what I say with a massive salt lick, as there are some pretty awesome shooters here who haven't mentioned this, and I am not a pretty awesome shooter. After all that I will say, for me, the B+W conversions with the brick are a bit distracting to me. The high contrast blends of the bricks blend a little too much with their faces. For me (remember the salt lick), I want a little less contrast on the brick so the faces stick out more.

I would say to play with the red channel when you convert, but that would just take emphasis from his face...

Andrew

Jul 10, 2012 at 01:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

DimaVazinovich
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Adrienne + Brandon l Georgetown

i love 6# , lovley set

Jul 10, 2012 at 02:41 PM
LivLif
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Adrienne + Brandon l Georgetown

stevez32 wrote:
I'd like to see the last one with a slower shutter to show more motion.

Thanks Steve! I didn't even think about doing that. I wasn't really into the shot.

hardlyboring wrote:
The only thing I do not care for is the very last shot. Other than that the set is solid.

Thanks Doug. It was their idea. Gotta make the customer happy.

JanetG wrote:
i would straighten the fountain in 12...i think you got a lot of nice poses here - for me, i would punch the contrast a bit.

Gonna do it now! Thanks Janet!

Inku Yo wrote:

Thanks Inku! I appreciate the tip and feedback.

ACRe wrote:
As for the set, I think it is very nice. As I say the next comment, please take what I say with a massive salt lick, as there are some pretty awesome shooters here who haven't mentioned this, and I am not a pretty awesome shooter. After all that I will say, for me, the B+W conversions with the brick are a bit distracting to me. The high contrast blends of the bricks blend a little too much with their faces. For me (remember the salt lick), I want a little less contrast on the brick so the faces stick
...Show more

Thanks Andrew! I'll definitely take it into consideration.

DimaVazinovich wrote:
i love 6# , lovley set

Thanks Dima!

Jul 11, 2012 at 01:40 AM
jprezant
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Adrienne + Brandon l Georgetown

If this is georgetown, as in georgetown DC, it doesn't show it. that town is so great with tons of color, interested
architecture, bridges, water etc...

Jul 11, 2012 at 03:49 AM
radioblurs
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Adrienne + Brandon l Georgetown

here are some thoughts:

2. brick walls-it's an endless and drab pattern that typically de-elevates a shot-throughout this set, i would say controlling for your background as part of your composition is an area you should focus on

3. same as #2-nice moment as he smiles at her-in choosing a less distracting background, the viewer would be able to focus solely on them-also, this is pretty much shot straight on-mix up your angles

6b. like the idea-needs more contrast (perhaps burn in the wood a little)-make the ring pop-shot is a bit flat as is

8. this is devoid of the previous problems-highlights them well-would like to see this combined with some of their natural chemistry (and i don't highlight this shot to say that all problems are solved with shallow DOF and telephoto compression)

10a. this probably marries the concepts best from this set-great expressions-very comfortable smiles, as if you weren't there

10b. posing is tough-i would keep things simple-focus on allowing them to enjoy one another so you can focus on composition and timing-background is too much-harness the environment and make it a design element in your composition-if you can't do that with your background, you have the wrong background (see: lamp, rail, star, bricks, etc)

11a. interesting design element

12. can see what you were going for here but there's too much going on-composition was not controlled

hope this is useful feedback, man-have a good one

daniel

Jul 11, 2012 at 04:52 AM
eaglespremiers

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Adrienne + Brandon l Georgetown

Gotta be honest the one I really want to see in B&W is the right-hand photo in 10.
Reposition to get rid of distracting elements (i.e. rubbish bin) and it would be a good shot.
Also like 10 (lhp) and both of 11.

Jul 11, 2012 at 01:49 PM
skirk

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Adrienne + Brandon l Georgetown

I really like #9 with them on the bench. All the poses/shots are great. The only thing I have an issue with and I hesitate to even bring it up, is matching the outfits a bit more. She was looking very nice and semi-dressy and he just didn't seem to match up to her in the fashion arena. My opinion and 50 cents could make a phone call if you could find a phone booth anymore

Jul 12, 2012 at 12:44 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password