Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Suggestions - B&S Seller Info (Schooled! Not needed)

cputeq
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Suggestions - B&S Seller Info (Schooled! Not needed)

Often times I find myself clicking on seller items from people that have aboslutely zero feedback. Not to poke fun at these people, as we all started somewhere, but many times this person also registered 2 days ago and has one whole post, gives no photos of the products, and is selling an $8000 lens

Basically - I propose, if possible, one (or three) additional columns added to the Buy & Sell listings.

In addition to the information currently given, why not have one (or three) columns that detail the seller's feedback. So, you'd have a "Great", "Fair", and "Poor" columns listed next to each For Sale entry.

This would at least help save a few clicks as I'm browsing through items - Not that I advocate actually being able to filter all zero-feedback people (hey, we all deserve a chance!), but when I see the next 5D3 for $2500 from a 0-0-0 seller, I'll know to just avoid clicking the sale link in the first place.

Just thinking aloud - thanks for the B&S tool, Fred!

Edit - To clarify, I was asking for either one or three columns. The THREE column option would obviously list all their feedback categories. If this got too ugly / unwieldy, perhaps a single column option could be used? Perhaps showing "Total Feedback" count. Just a though!

Edited on Jul 10, 2012 at 07:25 PM · View previous versions

Jul 09, 2012 at 06:14 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Suggestions - B&S Seller Info (Schooled! Not needed)

Sounds like a lot of work for Fred and clutter on the buy/sale page for little return.

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:02 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Suggestions - B&S Seller Info (Schooled! Not needed)

One click on the name of the sale starter and you'd have that information. I agree, the page is cluttered enough as it is and with the information so readily available, I see no reason to add another feature. If you don't recognize the seller you can check them out in an instant without opening the listing.

Jul 10, 2012 at 02:18 PM
cputeq
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Suggestions - B&S Seller Info (Schooled! Not needed)

! Wow - I never knew it was possible to click the name of the seller to see their profile >,<

So um, yeah

While I disagree it would clutter the page, I do agree the payoff is nil now.

Thanks for the tip, wow talk about "hidden feature"

Jul 10, 2012 at 07:24 PM
Taoguy
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Suggestions - B&S Seller Info (Schooled! Not needed)

Interesting thread but what about the person who has 275 great feedbacks and been a member 3 yrs? Almost a dealer vs photographer? I rarely buy used and almost never sell, to a fault my wife would say. You can look up their posts, get some idea of who they are, see how long they have been around, and then jump. Nothing in life guaranteed except those two things none of us want, eh?

Gerard

Jul 10, 2012 at 09:44 PM
Ronny Mills
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Suggestions - B&S Seller Info (Schooled! Not needed)

DanBrown wrote:
Sounds like a lot of work for Fred and clutter on the buy/sale page for little return.

+1

Jul 12, 2012 at 03:04 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Suggestions - B&S Seller Info (Schooled! Not needed)

Taoguy wrote:
Interesting thread but what about the person who has 275 great feedbacks and been a member 3 yrs? Almost a dealer vs photographer? I rarely buy used and almost never sell, to a fault my wife would say. You can look up their posts, get some idea of who they are, see how long they have been around, and then jump. Nothing in life guaranteed except those two things none of us want, eh?

Gerard

Due diligence is just that. I certainly check feedback but that isn't the only thing I take into account. And I'm not merely talking about number of posts or length of time on the site. They all blend together. A responsible participant on the site who is willing to post photos and engage in conversation away from the Buy and Sell board gets more points from me than someone who lives only on that forum. I love dealing with good citizens of this site. At the moment most of my transactions on FM are away from the Buy and Sell board. The only requirement I have is that I'll only buy from someone who has a Buy and Upload subscription and I wouldn't sell without one myself. Folks on the Manual Focus Nikon Glass thread are selling gear right and left to one another without worrying about feedback. I like that.

Jul 13, 2012 at 07:01 PM
Taoguy
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Suggestions - B&S Seller Info (Schooled! Not needed)

CGrindahl
Due diligence is just that. I certainly check feedback but that isn't the only thing I take into account. And I'm not merely talking about number of posts or length of time on the site. They all blend together. A responsible participant on the site who is willing to post photos and engage in conversation away from the Buy and Sell board gets more points from me than someone who lives only on that forum. I love dealing with good citizens of this site. At the moment most of my transactions on FM are away from the Buy and Sell board....Show more

Jul 18, 2012 at 08:34 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.