Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · New Site Critique

KibblesNbitz
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New Site Critique

My old site was having some problems with loading incorrectly at times with text in the wrong places, etc, plus it was a little dark, so I decided to go for a whole new look. I may be biased after spending 6 and a half hours straight getting the new website setup , so I was hoping for some opinions/critique on the new site from fresh eyes...

You can get to the new website by clicking the "www" below

Thanks everyone! I greatly appreciate it!

Edited on Jul 10, 2012 at 08:15 PM · View previous versions

Jul 09, 2012 at 04:15 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New Site Critique

Looks fine to me....
I would not say that your albums are "KISS" albums. Just say they are albums. Someone is going to google that and then you could have the asking all sorts of questions you do not want them to ask about other types of albums or different options etc.
Also it does not say where you are from or what area you operate in.

Jul 09, 2012 at 04:27 PM
KibblesNbitz
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New Site Critique

Good point about the albums! I'll change that now, I haven't had a problem yet, but I'm sure I will eventually

I have the location set on the top "tagline" or whatever you want to call it on the top bar, but I'll look into places where I can add it...

Thanks again!

Jul 09, 2012 at 04:35 PM
widjayaman
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New Site Critique

Congrats on the new site! Here's some quick thoughts:

I know you are not asking for a logo critique.. but I'm not a fan of the font for 'photography' . I also don't dig the menu on the right.. both the font and the placement.

I like the clean white theme.

I think your about me page can use a picture

Jul 09, 2012 at 05:48 PM
KibblesNbitz
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New Site Critique

Well, I fine tuned everything a little bit. Added black borders around the homepage images and all the post images, I think it looks a lot better that way. Thoughts? Does it look fine, or weird? I also removed the watermarks from the home page images (but kept them on the post images) to make it look a little cleaner.

Thanks wldjaayaman! I agree the logo sucks, my next step is to get a professionally designed logo (technically my current one was too, but it was park of a website package from prophoto, so nothing special)

Hopefully when I get the logo, I can change the font of the menu to match.

I agree the about me page definitely needs a picture, I just don't have any of myself. I really need to get one taken, it's just not the same when you try to do it yourself You think it would be cheesy if I just went to a higher end portrait place in the mall I know of and got a regular headshot on a white background, you know, to match the website background color?

Jul 11, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

gaurawa

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New Site Critique

I feel there is too much going on. My personal preference is to have a front page (opening page) fit in the normal browser size, don't feel like scrolling much

Don't like the contact form open up on top of the main menu.

Also, why 2 lines of menu ? A single line would work better I believe.

Also I see facebook and twitter links on the top menu and again on the bottom.. just one would do IMO.

In all I am looking for a simpler opening page with less stuff.

Jul 11, 2012 at 11:43 PM
KibblesNbitz
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New Site Critique

Okay so I took everybody's feedback and reworked some things.

-New logo with different fonts, displaying location (and what I do)

-New Menu, one line. Unfortunately, it can only be placed on the top with this particular layout. Not ideal, but it'll have to do, and I think it at least looks much better than the previous version.

-The bottom Twitter box isn't a link, just a feed, so I have to have a Twitter link up top, and if I have a Twitter link up top, I have to have a Facebook link too or it'll look weird and nobody will know I have a Facebook page...

Thinking I like it the way it is for now, finally content with it after spending 2 days editing all the little details...what say ye?

Jul 12, 2012 at 06:13 AM
JoeMelzer
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New Site Critique

Perhaps I'm just stupid. But if not - is there a way to switch from your info-pages (contact, faq, investment etc.) to the images? My solution was to go back to your home. You might want to add a gallery, portfolio or what-not navi-button

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New Site Critique

Dig it... Simple, plain and elegant. I made my wife nav it to see how she liked it. Photographers know how and where to find things better than a normal customer. She said it was easy to find what she wanted.

Nice job.

Jul 12, 2012 at 01:05 PM
KibblesNbitz
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · New Site Critique

Thanks Nick...I was going for the clean, simple, and elegant look, so your feedback is exactly what I was hoping people's reaction would be. Just wanted something simple and easy to navigate/load

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Jul 12, 2012 at 07:58 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password