New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Preview Posts?

rsimpkins

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Preview Posts?

I am new here. I can't seem to figure out how to preview posts. Does anyone know if that is possible? Also, is it just me or is the software running the forum showing its age a little? I'm not seeing features that I typically associate with an on-line forum. Is there a magic 'advanced' mode or something I am missing?

Jul 09, 2012 at 01:04 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Preview Posts?

No, it's just the way it is. Apparently there was no simple way to preview a post without showing any inline images, and that required too much bandwidth or load on the server.

EBH

Jul 09, 2012 at 01:31 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Preview Posts?

If you're posting on a relatively slow moving thread you can do your editing after posting to the thread and the fact of the edits won't be noted. If the thread is moving quickly and you go in to make corrections, the fact the post has been edited will be noted and anyone interested can look back at earlier versions. Careful reading of the initial text within the small frame will help but in my experience I never get it perfect the first time... but then I talk a great deal...

Jul 09, 2012 at 10:42 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Preview Posts?

CGrindahl wrote:
... Careful reading of the initial text within the small frame will help but in my experience I never get it perfect the first time... but then I talk a great deal...

Me, too.

Jul 09, 2012 at 08:06 PM
charlie124

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Preview Posts?

just seconding the fact that at least initial posts need a "post preview"

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:42 AM
Bob L
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Preview Posts?

post 'preview' would be great...

Nov 25, 2012 at 07:49 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.