Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Horrible purchase experience at Ritz...

Wuwho

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Horrible purchase experience at Ritz...

The other day I finally decided to take the plunge and buy a new camera, the D7000. I only needed the body since I have enough lenses for the time being. I called around and discovered that Ritz was the only store at the time that had the body only in stock. So I went to the store and bought it...naturally. Then today after 4 or so days I decide to review some of my pics on my "new" camera to only discover it has 2105 clicks on it already. My "new" camera wasn't exactly new. So I called the store and they gave me some BS about the internal memory or how my brand new SD cards changed the count. Anyways I went to the store to ask them in person what was wrong and I got: "well Nikon does test the cameras and they sometimes mess up the firmware, but trust me, they'll never tell you that." So I call Nikon and I got: "If the camera is new, it should be 0." So that led to about 10-15 minutes of, I want my money back its in your return policy vs this is a normal thing and no reason to return it, besides we don't have any in stock. Good news is, I did get my money back and I'll be going to a brick and mortar store tomorrow.

Jul 08, 2012 at 08:13 PM
unclechuck
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Horrible purchase experience at Ritz...

Several reports, including WashPost "Ritz Camera files for bankruptcy protection"

Jul 09, 2012 at 12:30 AM
borderlight
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Horrible purchase experience at Ritz...

Somebody has to buy their inventory of slightly used, "new" cameras. It probably was a demo. Look for the "Everything Must Go" signs soon. The FM link below was posted a week or so ago.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1125935/0#10765411

Jul 09, 2012 at 03:03 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password