Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · My last 2nd shooting for CC! HARSH!!

Robin Usagani
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · My last 2nd shooting for CC! HARSH!!

Fire away! You wont hurt my feeling.

This one I second shoot for Lia Supatra. Just want to share some favorites.

Jul 07, 2012 at 04:02 AM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · My last 2nd shooting for CC! HARSH!!

If I'm being harsh, then I'd have to say that I see way too many photos without a subject. That doesn't necessarily mean a person, but something that draws attention or focus and adds visual interest. It's as if you're close, but you're just not quite getting the moment. The last shot is a good example. I know you probably wanted to try that technique, but even with an interesting technique, the photo has to be interesting on its own. Otherwise its just a photo for technique's sake.

Jul 07, 2012 at 04:08 AM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #3 · My last 2nd shooting for CC! HARSH!!

Tony, if that was harsh, you must be a really really nice guy ahahah. Yeah, you are right. I was too attached to those images you are talking about. Like #5, the communion at the church.. probably not good. I need to do a better job selecting photos from a 2nd shoot. I blaze through the culling to get a few photos for sharing and blogging. Should do a better job.

Jul 07, 2012 at 04:13 AM
HappyCamp
• • •
p.1 #4 · My last 2nd shooting for CC! HARSH!!

I think some cleaning up of the groom's face is in order. To me it looks like he has a fair number of pimples which should be fairly easy to clean up in Lightroom or Photoshop. Of course if those are permanent features of his, then never mind.

Also may help if the photos are numbered to make it easy to comment on specific photos. I was going to comment on specific ones but I didn't....

I like the ring shot

Jul 07, 2012 at 06:18 AM
photodudeny1
• •
p.1 #5 · My last 2nd shooting for CC! HARSH!!

The first one with the rings and phone was very creative, but could have used a bit more sharpness and depth of field (less bokeh).

Jul 08, 2012 at 01:02 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #6 · My last 2nd shooting for CC! HARSH!!

A couple of my thoughts:

- First off number the images!

- 2 images of them at the alter, I'd get rid of the one on the right. I can't really see the couple and my eye gets drawn to the cross. With the image on the left tells the story better.

- 2 bridal portraits: The one on the right is sortof bugging me for some reason. I almost want to say not enough contrast in the image. Same with the right. I wonder how it would look processed more as a high key image.

- 1st shot of the couple together, I'd like to see his hand touching her.

- Next image set of the couple. His face seems darker than hers, I'd brighten it up a little to match. The image on the left would look nice shot wide angle to see more of the field/background. Though without knowing the location I don't know if that would have been possible.

- The image of her leaning against the brick wall & him next to her. It looks like he's looking right at her chest. I'd like to see a little more interaction between them, like maybe her holding the flowers and his right arm on her stomach.

Jul 08, 2012 at 02:08 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · My last 2nd shooting for CC! HARSH!!

Dude. Killed it. End thread.

Jul 08, 2012 at 03:14 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · My last 2nd shooting for CC! HARSH!!

Haha.

I think I gave you the exact feedback Tony gave you on the communion shot. Good idea, it just doesn't work. I'd agree with Tony on other accounts as well.

Also, being closer would have made a few of the others more dynamic (boy looking upside down, and kids dancing).

On the bright side, shots look nice and clean.

Jul 08, 2012 at 03:20 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · My last 2nd shooting for CC! HARSH!!

your outside shots are nice but I think the colors are a little off. IMO the greens are a little washed out and the skintones seen a bit flat.
I agree with Tony that some of the shots feel like they are without a "focal point". As a second shooter this is not something I would be overly concerned with because the couple will appreciate the "essence" of the day that you captured.
We always approach the set from a photographers standpoint and not the "guest" or "subjects" standpoint. The couple will be happy they have a good variety even if some of the shots are "less interesting".

I really enjoyed the way you covered the church as well.

Jul 08, 2012 at 04:27 PM
Andrew Welsh
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · My last 2nd shooting for CC! HARSH!!

More B&Ws for my taste. Were you tasked to get more PJ style shots, or act as 2nd-angle-on-must-haves?

My critiques rest mostly on the posed shot setups, but I suspect the primary did that, and you had little control over them.

Jul 10, 2012 at 03:13 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password