Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Digital Art & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · A night at the ballpark

astrodave
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · A night at the ballpark

This is a shot of a Frisco Roughriders game at Dr. Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, TX. Its a great, small park where you really feel connected to the game and players.

I took some liberties with some painting filters as well as some selective blur and sharpening to give it almost a 'model' appearance. I'm not entirely happy with my composition as I think it could use some more field at the bottom of the image.

Otherwise, please let me know what you think...what works, what doesn't, etc.

Thanks!

-David

Larger Version Here

Jul 04, 2012 at 08:46 PM
jamach
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · A night at the ballpark

Hi David, I am distracted by the splotches of some effect, especially in the stands. But this is an image waiting to happen, imho

Joe

Jul 04, 2012 at 10:54 PM
zquaratella
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · A night at the ballpark

Hey David!

I do begin to get a sense of the model feel, but only once I read your post. My initial look at the rendering left me curious as to what was going on in the stands. I agree with Joe, this is on the verge.

Maybe consider more blurring, give it a little more time in the oven? If it's possible to really really obscure the crowd, that might give you the effect you're really seeking.

Great start!

-Zack

Jul 05, 2012 at 01:16 AM

FM Forums | Digital Art & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password