Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · High School Sports

olddeadhead
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · High School Sports

First post in this forum. A little background, I normally shoot for the Fl. Times Union and their website, http://jacksonville.com, mostly event type stuff and sports. I also do a little work for ICON SMI and shoot high school sports action shots for a local outfit that has a contract with the area schools.

I got a call from an old neighbor of mine whose daughter plays high school volleyball, she's the team mom, asking me if I could shoot team and action shots for them. She fully understands this is not for free, I just don't know how to guarantee that they purchase x amount of photos or how to approach this so that I don't bust my butt for them and make nothing.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jul 03, 2012 at 05:53 PM
Grantland
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · High School Sports

hi old dead head,

Maybe post this question in the sports forum?

i always set fee prior to the event. And collect payment before I shoot the game. If I am covering a whole team I request more $$. If only one person on the team I charge less. After the game I upload all the pics to smugmug where families can download and/or print the pictures for their personal use.

How much to charge varies. Only you know how much you need to make to make it worthwhile.

Grant

Jul 03, 2012 at 09:41 PM
olddeadhead
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · High School Sports

Thanks for the reply

Jul 03, 2012 at 10:13 PM
sowega

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · High School Sports

Hi Neighbor!

I read your post and wanted to put in my 2 cents. You say 'team and action' vs 'team and individual'. This makes me this they want you to shoot a game or a series of games at a tournament?

If this is the case, perhaps you should propose a 'team cd' of images. In my other photography, I WILL NOT sell full res files, however I've moved to this model only for this as if you depend on online orders after the fact, you will be disappointed.

Figure out what you need to make to make this worth your time, get paid up front and mail a cd to the parents after the event. I do this for 300.00 - the parents divide the cost and each gets a copy.

Come on over to the sports forum!

Jul 04, 2012 at 11:34 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password