Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              60      
61
       62              263       264       end
  

OM-D & PEN Images
  
 
rsolti13
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #1 · OM-D & PEN Images


some with the 25 f/1.4














Nov 15, 2012 at 04:25 PM
ultrapix
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.61 #2 · OM-D & PEN Images


Nice serie. I assume that highlights blowing it's an author choice, right?


Nov 15, 2012 at 04:30 PM
juju1958
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.61 #3 · OM-D & PEN Images


rsolti13 love the series of images. I am one who likes blown highlights and no detail in the blacks when appropriate. For me it gives an enigmatic quality.


Edited on Dec 13, 2012 at 06:00 PM · View previous versions



Nov 15, 2012 at 04:39 PM
rsolti13
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #4 · OM-D & PEN Images


ultrapix wrote:
Nice serie. I assume that highlights blowing it's an author choice, right?


Thank you. And yes, I wanted the highlights blown

Thanks Julian, really like the colors in the second shot above.

For those of you that put on the white border, I assume that is only able to be done in Photoshop, not LR4, right? I use LR only for about 95% of my shots and don't want to open each image in Photoshop. The big white border looks very nice and adds a lot to the images.



Nov 15, 2012 at 04:47 PM
juju1958
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.61 #5 · OM-D & PEN Images


rsolti13 wrote:
Thank you. And yes, I wanted the highlights blown

Thanks Julian, really like the colors in the second shot above.

For those of you that put on the white border, I assume that is only able to be done in Photoshop, not LR4, right? I use LR only for about 95% of my shots and don't want to open each image in Photoshop. The big white border looks very nice and adds a lot to the images.


I put all sorts of borders but really good photo I guess will stand on it's own. Yes I import Raws to LR after doing basic levels and curves. Then export which opens in cs6, only takes a moment, I will do several images at a time. I much prefer cs6 for local adjustments and resizing. The boarder is simply an increase in the canvas size.


.


Edited on Dec 13, 2012 at 06:01 PM · View previous versions



Nov 15, 2012 at 05:49 PM
rji2goleez
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #6 · OM-D & PEN Images


All of my use of borders is using the image upload tool right here on FM. I use lightroom 95% of the time. I created an export preset to an FM upload directory which then gets frequently purged. I like the fact that the export preset is configured to pixel and file size to stay within the FM upload requirements. Then, using the upload dialog box here, I can choose from the FM borders. Works for me!


Nov 15, 2012 at 05:55 PM
rji2goleez
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #7 · OM-D & PEN Images


I assume we've all seen this and will be lining up at the door to buy this lens . . .

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/11/15/Olympus-m-zuiko-digital-17mm-f1-8-micro-four-thirds-499dollars



Nov 15, 2012 at 06:05 PM
ultrapix
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.61 #8 · OM-D & PEN Images


rji2goleez wrote:
I assume we've all seen this and will be lining up at the door to buy this lens . . .

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/11/15/Olympus-m-zuiko-digital-17mm-f1-8-micro-four-thirds-499dollars



Unluckily, yes



Nov 15, 2012 at 06:21 PM
michael49
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #9 · OM-D & PEN Images


rji2goleez wrote:
I assume we've all seen this and will be lining up at the door to buy this lens . . .

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/11/15/Olympus-m-zuiko-digital-17mm-f1-8-micro-four-thirds-499dollars


At least at this point I don't see myself getting this, I'm happy enough with the Pany 20 1.7. Now, the Voigt 17 0.95 - that's another story.



Nov 15, 2012 at 06:53 PM
bobbytan
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #10 · OM-D & PEN Images


I did put my pre-order in with B&H ...

rji2goleez wrote:
I assume we've all seen this and will be lining up at the door to buy this lens . . .

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/11/15/Olympus-m-zuiko-digital-17mm-f1-8-micro-four-thirds-499dollars




Nov 15, 2012 at 07:32 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Jman13
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #11 · OM-D & PEN Images


I won't. I'm not a 35mm kind of guy, and so I can't see spending extra money for a lens I won't use. Honestly, the only lens I still want is a long fast lens, in the 200mm range. A 200mm f/2.8 prime or a 150-300mm f/4 would be awesome. I might be able to live with the 150/2.8 that's supposed to be coming next year, but I'd really like something in the 200mm range (400mm FF equiv). Other than that, I'm completely set. I may even pare down my kit a bit.


Nov 15, 2012 at 07:36 PM
bobbytan
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #12 · OM-D & PEN Images


I do a fair bit of bird photography so I too would like to see a long prime lens with a 1.4x TC!

Jman13 wrote:
I won't. I'm not a 35mm kind of guy, and so I can't see spending extra money for a lens I won't use. Honestly, the only lens I still want is a long fast lens, in the 200mm range. A 200mm f/2.8 prime or a 150-300mm f/4 would be awesome. I might be able to live with the 150/2.8 that's supposed to be coming next year, but I'd really like something in the 200mm range (400mm FF equiv). Other than that, I'm completely set. I may even pare down my kit a bit.




Nov 15, 2012 at 08:00 PM
michael49
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #13 · OM-D & PEN Images


Jman13 wrote:
.... I may even pare down my kit a bit.


Heresy!!



Nov 16, 2012 at 01:10 AM
michael49
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #14 · OM-D & PEN Images


Oly 45, f/2....



Nov 16, 2012 at 01:11 AM
Wilbus
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #15 · OM-D & PEN Images


michael49 wrote:
Heresy!!


, Agreed!

The 17 looks very nice, I've been thinking of the 17,5 F0.95 Voigtlander for a while but the size may put me off, it does look like an awesome lens though. The Olympus one won't be as fast but it will be smaller and if it works well wide open I'll probarly get it. Besides, it's almost half the price of the Voigtlander (at least in Sweden).

But then again still want the 12/F2.... Grrrrr! Been holding out to see how the Schneiders perform as they too will release a 12/F2 but it never seems to show up...

But then again adding and optional hood and lens cap in the usual stupid idiotic Olympus manner will drive the price up a bit... I'd like to have a long hard discussion with whomever decided they shouldn't include those accessories with the lenses.



Nov 16, 2012 at 06:20 AM
Wilbus
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #16 · OM-D & PEN Images


Looks like you have some great nature and landscapes around you Michael, looks lovely!




Nov 16, 2012 at 06:29 AM
Ernie Aubert
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #17 · OM-D & PEN Images


Wilbus wrote:
, Agreed!

... I'd like to have a long hard discussion with whomever decided they shouldn't include those accessories with the lenses.


Yes - a wall-to-wall conference. And when you do, also mention the issue of the finish, please.



Nov 16, 2012 at 12:52 PM
cputeq
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #18 · OM-D & PEN Images


FYI - for those border fans, if you want to stay in Lightroom look at LR Mogrify - it's an export plugin for LR that does borders and other stuff.

It takes a bit of experimenting to get the hang of it, but it's very powerful and could possible serve as your only solution to borders unless you get really fancy with drop shadows, etc.



Nov 16, 2012 at 01:23 PM
rsolti13
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #19 · OM-D & PEN Images


will have to look at that LR Mogrify, thanks for the heads up

45 f/1.8








Nov 16, 2012 at 02:27 PM
Bifurcator
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #20 · OM-D & PEN Images


That's a heck of a lot of processing to get that lens to look like that even at that size!

Great PP work Bobby!



Nov 16, 2012 at 03:50 PM
1       2       3              60      
61
       62              263       264       end




FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              60      
61
       62              263       264       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password