Upload & Sell: Off
Those pictures of the E-M1 have changed my mind a bit from when I first saw that leaked video. I'm getting ready to sell off a major portion of my gear and settle on m4/3 for traveling. I love the IQ I get out of the Fuji stuff, but the cameras are just lacking something for me. I really don't want to sell the Leica stuff, but I can't justify keeping the gear when I spend a majority of my time deployed and can never use it.
This thread has helped me a lot in deciding to settle on the olympus...Show more →
I've done something similar. I wanted to get used to shooting a m4/3 system so I initially picked up the E-P5. Liked it, but a few things made me exchange it for the E-M5.
- EVF was lovely the best I've ever used, just didn't like that it wasn't fixed. I found that if its not built in, I tend to not use it that much. I had the GPS attachment for the 5DM3 and found not using it that often because it was a pain to keep on attaching it to the hot shoe and turning on.
- the humming from the 5-axis was more noticeable, maybe because it wasn't weather sealed. In a quiet room you could noticeably hear it.
- I was buying it at its high price, I saw this as a temporary stop gap at most until the GX7 and now the E-M1 was released. If I kept the 17 which I was thinking, I figured selling the E-P5 would be difficult and maybe be able to get $800 with EVF maybe a little more. Conversely the E-M5's price has stabilized mostly, and I ended up getting it for $900 with kit, I could probably sell it for $650-700 later.
What I loved about it
- 2x2 mode dial was fantastic to use.
- Picture Story Mode while gimmicky was really nice to use.
- really nice build.