Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              168      
169
       170              267       268       end
  

OM-D & PEN Images
  
 
juju1958
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.169 #1 · p.169 #1 · OM-D & PEN Images


12-50mm



LANDSCAPE by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr



LANDSCAPE by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr



Jul 26, 2013 at 09:53 PM
bobbytan
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.169 #2 · p.169 #2 · OM-D & PEN Images


Some of you will be able to recognize this place/city.




  E-M5    OLYMPUS M.75mm F1.8 lens    75mm    f/1.8    1/200s    200 ISO    -0.3 EV  






  E-M5    OLYMPUS M.75mm F1.8 lens    75mm    f/1.8    1/200s    200 ISO    -0.3 EV  






  E-M5    LUMIX G VARIO 7-14/F4.0 lens    14mm    f/4.0    1/25s    1600 ISO    -1.0 EV  






  E-M5    LEICA DG SUMMILUX 25/F1.4 lens    25mm    f/1.8    1/50s    200 ISO    -1.3 EV  






  E-M5    OLYMPUS M.75mm F1.8 lens    75mm    f/2.0    1/320s    200 ISO    -1.7 EV  




Jul 27, 2013 at 05:32 AM
ultrapix
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.169 #3 · p.169 #3 · OM-D & PEN Images


Florence


Jul 27, 2013 at 05:58 AM
owyhee
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.169 #4 · p.169 #4 · OM-D & PEN Images


Sunrise at Redfish Lake
12-50mm with 10 stop ND. Is the 9-18mm noticeably sharper than the 12-50mm?




Redfish Lake at Dawn

  E-M5    OLYMPUS M.12-50mm F3.5-6.3 lens    13mm    f/8.0    17s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  




Jul 27, 2013 at 01:11 PM
bobbytan
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.169 #5 · p.169 #5 · OM-D & PEN Images


Yes!

ultrapix wrote:
Florence




Jul 27, 2013 at 01:53 PM
juju1958
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.169 #6 · p.169 #6 · OM-D & PEN Images


owyhee wrote:
Sunrise at Redfish Lake
12-50mm with 10 stop ND. Is the 9-18mm noticeably sharper than the 12-50mm?



Gorgeous shot.



Jul 27, 2013 at 05:29 PM
leo11877
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.169 #7 · p.169 #7 · OM-D & PEN Images


owyhee wrote:
Sunrise at Redfish Lake
12-50mm with 10 stop ND. Is the 9-18mm noticeably sharper than the 12-50mm?

EX Shot. I am thinking of getting into the OM-D system. Is 12-50mm worth the price? How sharp is it as a walkaround lens and how are the colors?



Jul 27, 2013 at 07:09 PM
bobbytan
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.169 #8 · p.169 #8 · OM-D & PEN Images


leo11877 wrote:
I am thinking of getting into the OM-D system. Is 12-50mm worth the price? How sharp is it as a walkaround lens and how are the colors?


It's an OK lens with respectable macro capability. Good value for the price.

http://www.photozone.de/m43/827-olympus1250f3563ez

http://blog.mingthein.com/2012/07/08/olympus12-50/

http://admiringlight.com/blog/quick-test-olympus-60mm-macro-vs-olympus-12-50mm-kit-zoom/

With good technique you can get very good images, as monk3y1101 has demonstrated here:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1127925/166#11700489



Jul 27, 2013 at 07:25 PM
owyhee
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.169 #9 · p.169 #9 · OM-D & PEN Images


As bobby stated the 12-50mm is an ok lens. Very versatile and sharp enough at the right apertures. I think center sharpness is best at f5.6. A good lens during the day on on a tripod but not so good in low light. To get a better zoom lens in this range you would have to buy the Panasonic 12-35mm at 3 times the cost of the 12-50mm. It all depends on what you want out of your images.


Jul 27, 2013 at 07:42 PM
mawz
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.169 #10 · p.169 #10 · OM-D & PEN Images


owyhee wrote:
As bobby stated the 12-50mm is an ok lens. Very versatile and sharp enough at the right apertures. I think center sharpness is best at f5.6. A good lens during the day on on a tripod but not so good in low light. To get a better zoom lens in this range you would have to buy the Panasonic 12-35mm at 3 times the cost of the 12-50mm. It all depends on what you want out of your images.


It's good but not outstanding at normal working distances. It's actually best when shooting in macro mode. Not the best lens in the system, but when working with its strengths (range, sealing & close-range shooting) it's rather good. Note the original Panasonic 14-45 OIS and 14-42 X OIS Powerzoom are both optically better than the 12-50 for non-macro shooting.

That said, I really wish it could approach the performance of the 4/3rds Olympus 14-54's which cost around the same.

If you shoot on a tripod, getting a 14-54 and an MMF-3 will allow you to maintain full weather sealing and give you a faster, optically superior package at a reasonable cost and without too much of a size penalty (the 14-54 on a MMF-3 is similar in size to the Panny 35-100/2.8)



Jul 28, 2013 at 01:53 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



DavidWEGS
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.169 #11 · p.169 #11 · OM-D & PEN Images


I find it to be satisfactory as a walk around lens. Build quality is decent, though not pro, IQ is decent though again, not top shelf exactly… except under certain conditions. Images are better than most kit lenses IMO, but the edges suffer a bit. The macro is a surprise that boosts its usefulness, but only if you will use it.

7/10 or 7.5/10 from me.



Jul 28, 2013 at 02:00 AM
CarlG
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.169 #12 · p.169 #12 · OM-D & PEN Images


Oly 60 macro and EM-5







Jul 28, 2013 at 02:12 AM
bobbytan
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.169 #13 · p.169 #13 · OM-D & PEN Images


Awesome Carl! Where do you stand and what are your thoughts of the OM-D?

CarlG wrote:
Oly 60 macro and EM-5




Jul 28, 2013 at 02:57 AM
CarlG
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.169 #14 · p.169 #14 · OM-D & PEN Images


Bobby,

Thanks! I came from a full frame Canon system (5D2 and host of lenses) and sold that off in favor of the OM-D. Since working with it and a few lenses, I have not looked back and am happy with that decision. The 60 macro and 75 f/1.8 are two of my best lenses with the 75 rivaling anything I've ever owned in the Canon lens system. The images, straight out of camera (I shoot in raw mode only), are amazing.

There are (obviously) weak points about the OM-D system (well documented elsewhere) but not show-stoppers for what I shoot - portraits and landscapes.



Jul 28, 2013 at 07:55 AM
bobbytan
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.169 #15 · p.169 #15 · OM-D & PEN Images


That's good to hear ... as I am in agreement with you, totally. I have said before that the 75/1.8 is better than the Canon 85/1.2L II which I used to love, but it suffers from front and back focussing issues which prevented me from using it wide open for portraits and head shots, so what good is that over the inexpensive 85/1.8 version? The 75 is sharp wide open, and bokeh or blur quality is amazing and every bit as good as the 135L. There is certainly a lot of room for improvement on the OM-D body/sensor and I can't wait to see how much better it will be over the E-P5 which is already better than the E-M5. And I am looking forward to some new lenses from Olympus, to Panasonic's 42.5/1.2 and 150/2.8 lenses, and the new Schneider lenses. Good times ahead!

CarlG wrote:
Bobby,

Thanks! I came from a full frame Canon system (5D2 and host of lenses) and sold that off in favor of the OM-D. Since working with it and a few lenses, I have not looked back and am happy with that decision. The 60 macro and 75 f/1.8 are two of my best lenses with the 75 rivaling anything I've ever owned in the Canon lens system. The images, straight out of camera (I shoot in raw mode only), are amazing.

There are (obviously) weak points about the OM-D system (well documented elsewhere) but not show-stoppers for what I shoot -
...Show more



Jul 28, 2013 at 12:31 PM
dukenukem
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.169 #16 · p.169 #16 · OM-D & PEN Images



¿Estoy Guapo Así? por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr
Pananasonic 100-300 . 1/320s . f/5.6 . ISO 200 . 300 mm



Jul 28, 2013 at 02:05 PM
CarlG
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.169 #17 · p.169 #17 · OM-D & PEN Images


Yes Bobby, it's the lenses that I wish Olympus would improve on. Granted, there are some really stellar primes (and I have a few), but where I feel they are really lacking is on the wide-angle side, both primes and zooms. I'd go for the 7-14 but the show-stopper for me is the natural inability (ie, no "rigged" apparatus) to accept filters. I shoot a ton of landscapes too and use ND filters as part of my kit.


Jul 28, 2013 at 02:06 PM
bobbytan
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.169 #18 · p.169 #18 · OM-D & PEN Images


Their 9-18 zoom is quite good but not stellar. I am looking forward to their version of 12-35 and 35-100 zooms which I do think will be better than the Panasonic versions. And it would be terrific to see MFT versions of their legendary 4/3 SWD lenses.

CarlG wrote:
Yes Bobby, it's the lenses that I wish Olympus would improve on. Granted, there are some really stellar primes (and I have a few), but where I feel they are really lacking is on the wide-angle side, both primes and zooms. I'd go for the 7-14 but the show-stopper for me is the natural inability (ie, no "rigged" apparatus) to accept filters. I shoot a ton of landscapes too and use ND filters as part of my kit.




Jul 28, 2013 at 02:47 PM
bobbytan
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.169 #19 · p.169 #19 · OM-D & PEN Images


Great capture, Duke!

dukenukem wrote:
Pananasonic 100-300 . 1/320s . f/5.6 . ISO 200 . 300 mm




Jul 28, 2013 at 03:02 PM
leo11877
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.169 #20 · p.169 #20 · OM-D & PEN Images


Thanks all for the input on the 12-50mm. I think I will pass (atleast as a walkaround lens).

Would the Oly 14-150mm a good walk around lens?



Jul 28, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1       2       3              168      
169
       170              267       268       end




FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              168      
169
       170              267       268       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password