Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · #508 Violin

gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · #508 Violin

Nice one Barbara! So what's the difference between the Fiddle and the Violin? It there a physical difference that escapes me or is it more how they are tuned? Perhaps how they are played? Always wondered...I think I'll go listen to some Alison Krauss now

Greg

Jul 03, 2012 at 06:49 PM
ts232
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · #508 Violin

Nice shot Barbara. Looks like a violin from the era where live music was the only music.

Jul 03, 2012 at 08:58 PM
Oregon Gal
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · #508 Violin

gregfountain wrote:
Nice one Barbara! So what's the difference between the Fiddle and the Violin? It there a physical difference that escapes me or is it more how they are tuned? Perhaps how they are played? Always wondered...I think I'll go listen to some Alison Krauss now

Greg

Technically no difference although some people use the term depending on the type of music played, Bluegrass, folk relates to the fiddle and classical music for the violin. Hope you're enjoying Alison Krauss

Jul 03, 2012 at 09:27 PM
Oregon Gal
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · #508 Violin

ts232, the violin does appear to be pretty old. The old homestead where the violin resides was built in 1870 and is now owned by the historical society.

Jul 03, 2012 at 09:36 PM
       end

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password