Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 600ex Question?

RichardLavigne
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · 600ex Question?

OK guys... I know some of you have them now and I've got a question regarding the 600ex-RT and sync speed with the 5DmkII.

There seems to be some conflicting answers on the web about how the flash syncs and I think it is resulting from the many different ways you can use the flash, on-camera vs. off or radio vs. ir... so I'm gonna post the exact scenario that I want you to test.... if you can.

5DmkII with 600ex-RT on camera in ETTL and 600ex-RT off camera in ETTL radio mode. What is the max sync speed you can get? and will the flashes go into HSS?

Jun 30, 2012 at 11:47 PM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · 600ex Question?

I suppose it doesn't matter which camera you use... as long as it isn't the 5DmkIII or 1Dx.

Jun 30, 2012 at 11:58 PM
erichard
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · 600ex Question?

I tried this on my 5DII when I got the flashes. Goes to standard sync of 1/200 and will do HSS in the master slave combo ETTL. I think one of the early reviewers found to be true, although they are not supposedly supported with the 5DII officially (in Canon literature).

Jul 01, 2012 at 05:48 AM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · 600ex Question?

Thanks.... I'm going to borrow a friend's 600's and try. I borrowed a pair from CPS earlier, but completely forgot to test with the 5DmkII.

Jul 01, 2012 at 02:41 PM
asparkes
• • •
p.1 #5 · 600ex Question?

Haven't tried it with my MKII yet. It's out for repair. HSS seems to work fine with my 7D, though? Haven't really run it through the paces, but a lot of the limitations seem not so bad. For example, the 7d does run GR mode, but there are some mixed mode restrictions for the slaves.

Jul 01, 2012 at 02:49 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password