Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       5       6       end

Archive 2012 · Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

NickD

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

Thanks for the reply, sounds like another long wait.

Jul 02, 2012 at 01:01 PM
pcho
• • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

NickD wrote:
Thanks for the reply, sounds like another long wait.

They did tell me that there is another shipment arriving Wednesday. They will have 3 cameras but they are all taken.

Perry

Jul 02, 2012 at 01:03 PM
NickD

p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

pcho wrote:
They did tell me that there is another shipment arriving Wednesday. They will have 3 cameras but they are all taken.

Perry

I guess I should make some calls tomorrow and get an update. I've never waited this long for anything in my life, I hope its going to be worth it.

Jul 02, 2012 at 01:08 PM
Will Patterson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

I'm with CPS as well, how did you do your order? Provide the retailer with your CPS number?

Jul 02, 2012 at 01:09 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

alundeb wrote:
Yes. But not a camera to "upgrade" to for you and me

Not for me, since the 5D2 does beautiful work already for my photography and I don't need the higher speed or beefier (read, "heavier") construction of the 1DX for my work. For those who need such features in their cameras, the 1DX looks like it will be a very fine camera, indeed. (If I needed a new body right now, it would be a 5D3. If I were a Nikon shooter, I would be looking at a D800.)

The whole business about poor low ISO DR performance is largely a forumtographer meme that is almost entirely irrelevant to real photography.

The entire digital photography camera market seems to be firing on all cylinders right now. A bunch of manufacturers are making really excellent cameras, lenses, and other gear - and not just Canon and Nikon at this point. We see very interesting and compelling developments in the rangefinder-style cameras as well, great stuff is happening in the MF format space, and more. Photographers today are more empowered by and less limited by their equipment than at any point in the history of the medium. It is a great time move beyond the forumtographer mode of searching for and fretting about this and that little difference in specs, to select a camera, and get on with the work of making compelling photographs using this gear.

Dan

Jul 02, 2012 at 04:41 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

gdanmitchell wrote:
The whole business about poor low ISO DR performance is largely a forumtographer meme that is almost entirely irrelevant to real photography.

Dan

Hard to believe you saying this..even my grand kids know the differences between 10D and 30D

Jul 02, 2012 at 04:53 PM
ifxbonz
• • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

mttran wrote:
Hard to believe you saying this..even my grand kids know the differences between 10D and 30D

What's this have to do with the 10 d & 30 d
Andy

Jul 02, 2012 at 05:08 PM
Brett Beiner

p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

The entire digital photography camera market seems to be firing on all cylinders right now. A bunch of manufacturers are making really excellent cameras, lenses, and other gear - and not just Canon and Nikon at this point. We see very interesting and compelling developments in the rangefinder-style cameras as well, great stuff is happening in the MF format space, and more. Photographers today are more empowered by and less limited by their equipment than at any point in the
...Show more

Great post, Dan! Love the "forumtographer" moniker. He's posting this stuff on multiple forums. Clearly, very proud.
Three pages on this topic, so far, and not one actual photograph posted since the beginning of page one.

Edited on Jul 02, 2012 at 06:34 PM · View previous versions

Jul 02, 2012 at 06:17 PM
alundeb
• • • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

The entire digital photography camera market seems to be firing on all cylinders right now. A bunch of manufacturers are making really excellent cameras, lenses, and other gear - and not just Canon and Nikon at this point. We see very interesting and compelling developments in the rangefinder-style cameras as well, great stuff is happening in the MF format space, and more. Photographers today are more empowered by and less limited by their equipment than at any point in the
...Show more
Brett Beiner wrote:
Great post, Dan! Love the "forumtographer" moniker. He's posting this stuff on multiple forums. Clearly, very proud.
Three pages on this topic, so far, and not one actual photograph posted.

You also seem very proud. Proud to turn down someone who provided an answer to a question asked by many photographers.

Jul 02, 2012 at 06:33 PM
Brett Beiner

p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

Nope. Just looking for real world, visual examples...since, you know...photography is a visual medium.

Jul 02, 2012 at 06:49 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Stoffer
• • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

Brett Beiner wrote:
He's posting this stuff on multiple forums. Clearly, very proud.

I don't know whether this was aimed at me but in that case:

Jul 02, 2012 at 07:05 PM
BennyR
• • •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

How does it do on amp glow at longer exposures? How does the 5D3 do compared to the 5D2?

Jul 02, 2012 at 07:32 PM
kevindar
• • • •
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

cool. thanks for the post. Nothing surprising here. given 1dx was announced before 5d3, I would have been surprised if the sensor showed any significant improvement in DR compared to 5d3.

Jul 02, 2012 at 07:50 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

Brett Beiner wrote:
Just looking for real world, visual examples...since, you know...photography is a visual medium.

Well, the BEST example would be black frame. Can't wait to see one.

Jul 02, 2012 at 08:07 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

gdanmitchell wrote:

Sure it is irrelevant to many shots, but it's also plenty easy to find shot after shot after shot where it would be 100% entirely relevant. People don't actual bring it up just for fun you know, it's because they meet up plenty often scenarios where they are like man if only....

It is absolutely is not almost 100% entirely irrelevant to real photography. For some that may be true, but for plenty it's not. Part of the reason it also seems less relevant to some is because they have been so trained to not even imaging taking certain types of photos that they don't even notice what they are missing any more.

Jul 02, 2012 at 08:16 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.4 #16 · p.4 #16 · Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

Brett Beiner wrote:
Three pages on this topic, so far, and not one actual photograph posted since the beginning of page one.

Maybe there are no photos because this topic is on shadow recovery dr tests? What did you expect when you clicked the link? A gallery of portrait shots?

and if you simply must have a few photos in every thread, then here:

Jul 02, 2012 at 08:23 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.4 #17 · p.4 #17 · Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

Brett Beiner wrote:
Nope. Just looking for real world, visual examples...since, you know...photography is a visual medium.

As you should also know it's pretty darn hard to compare using real world shots cameras shooting different subjects under different lighting at different times with raw converters cooking the books differently and pretty easy (and much quicker and much less waste of a time) and repeatable to do a quick measurement test.

Edited on Jul 02, 2012 at 09:59 PM · View previous versions

Jul 02, 2012 at 08:25 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.4 #18 · p.4 #18 · Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

D. Diggler wrote:
Well, the BEST example would be black frame. Can't wait to see one.

that's what i measured

Jul 02, 2012 at 08:26 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.4 #19 · p.4 #19 · Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

Stoffer wrote:
I don't know whether this was aimed at me but in that case:

Probably me, but perhaps you. Who knows. Anyway, I better stop responding to any of these people, as you predicted, it will just turn into another mess. I shouldn't have responded at all.

Anyway, it's a pretty awesome sports cam to say the least. Crazy fps and response the nice new AF and insane high iso performance. low iso DR is the only negative, everything else seems to be pretty much perfect about it.

Edited on Jul 03, 2012 at 03:43 AM · View previous versions

Jul 02, 2012 at 08:28 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.4 #20 · p.4 #20 · Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

pcho wrote:
Haha, got my 1dx today. Will have a look at it tomorrow.

Perry

Good work Perry. Got my 5D III a few weeks ago through work.

Jul 02, 2012 at 10:59 PM
1       2       3      
       5       6       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       5       6       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password