Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · CS5 vs. CS6 - Worth the Upgrade?

Beni
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · CS5 vs. CS6 - Worth the Upgrade?

I was going to get the upgrade for the new ACR, problem is the new raw engine in ACR7 and LR4 although it had incredible highlight recovery it is at the expense of nasty desaturation in said highlights which is ruining faces. I can't use it and believe me I tried.

Jun 30, 2012 at 02:18 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · CS5 vs. CS6 - Worth the Upgrade?

"I was going to get the upgrade for the new ACR, problem is the new raw engine in ACR7 and LR4 although it had incredible highlight recovery it is at the expense of nasty desaturation in said highlights which is ruining faces. I can't use it and believe me I tried."

You probably ought to be running a couple different versions of your file and blending them afterward. Sure, you can do selective move in ACR, but never to the extent or with the accuracy of Ps. You're probably expecting too much out of the program.

Jun 30, 2012 at 04:24 PM
k7xd
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · CS5 vs. CS6 - Worth the Upgrade?

I like the fact you don't have to buy the full production suite to get After Effects/PP integration.

Jun 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · CS5 vs. CS6 - Worth the Upgrade?

allynb wrote:
I am just inquiring about the percentile of satisfied or not satisfied users in the photo community.

This is a useful article.

Jul 01, 2012 at 11:30 AM
UCSB
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · CS5 vs. CS6 - Worth the Upgrade?

I upgraded to LR 4 and CS6. I'm pretty impressed with the advancements in LR 4. I would not see any problem for someone that uses LR 4 staying with CS5 (5.5). Especially if they have their other plug-ins and environment fully setup.

My philosophy is just to always be on the current release levels unless there is a bug or problem that requires me to step back and temporarily use the a prior version. But as the balance between LR and PS shifts toward LR, the payoff from PS upgrades diminishes. I did find it easy to adjust to the new interface changes. If you are using only PS, then I think that you will want to upgrade.

Jul 04, 2012 at 01:32 PM
anthonygh
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · CS5 vs. CS6 - Worth the Upgrade?

I use LR4 and export / edit in CS5........works well for me!

Jul 13, 2012 at 05:40 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · CS5 vs. CS6 - Worth the Upgrade?

Anyone interested in quality knows this is a no brainer. If all we got was the re-written 2012 rendering (improving the foundation to all the sliders in ACR) then it would be more that worth it. Then just in ACR they have re written a lot of the sliders and vastly improved things there. And I'm not even talking about PS. It is amazingly worth it! For quality hounds, it always is! I am very happy and extremely impressed.

Jul 21, 2012 at 12:33 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · CS5 vs. CS6 - Worth the Upgrade?

+1 @ ACR sliders improvement ... but you can also get that in LR4. The improvements (imo) are good enough that now I'm using LR4 more than PS ... to which CS5 would have been fine for the 1-2 punch, but I was coming from CS3 so I made the "big jump" to CS6.

Prior to LR4 I didn't use ACR for anything ... I did everything in PS. This latest version of ACR seems much better than the previous ACR's. Whether you get it via LR4 or via CS6 ... it is a worthy upgrade ... just that LR4 is much more $$$ friendly for the same ACR.

Jul 21, 2012 at 10:15 AM

p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · CS5 vs. CS6 - Worth the Upgrade?

just got the upgrade. it is well worth it.

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · CS5 vs. CS6 - Worth the Upgrade?

allynb wrote:
just got the upgrade. it is well worth it.

Excellent! Enjoy. I can never understand the reasoning that it is not worth it. Maybe if sheer image quality and improvements in workflow are not very important.

Jul 26, 2012 at 02:56 PM
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.