Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Outsourcing

paparazzinick
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Outsourcing

I know it has been talked about before and I was sooooooo against it in the past. So what changed my mind? I missed a few family functions in 2011, couldnt go on vacation because I was too busy working and I dont wont to miss anymore of my sons life. Especially with baby 2 on the way later this year.

I was wondering who else outsources editing? Or hires someone internal?

I just did a test with the first 6 weddings of the year to see how much it helped. I also did it with all of my photo shoots too. Here is what I found out after reviewing my time spent doing it myself vs outsourcing.

If I would edit 6 weddings and the 35 sessions I shot it would have taken me 170 hours. Maybe a few less or more. depending on certain factors. Instead it took me $15 hours total for all shoots and weddings. Takes me about 15-30 minutes to cull a photo session and about 45 minutes to an hour to cull a wedding. Another 10 minutes to fill out the order form and select the files to upload. Another 20 minutes to send the edited files to zenfolio for my clients to see. Then each wedding gets 30 minutes of my time to pick 20-30 images for blogging and my site. Photo shoots get 10-15 since there are less images to go through. In the extra time I had I was able to market more. Spend more time with family and book more sessions and shoot more. I have found that so far my clients this year are happier than any year in the past because turnaround is blazing fast. What they see online is proofs that are color corrected, cropped if needed and minor edits to get correct exposures.

The only time I hand touch and edit an image is when they go in to an album, blog post of slideshow. I still produce the final product, which takes 1-4 hours per wedding and 30-40 minutes per photo shoot. Which is much better than what I was doing in the past.

I am glad I got my life back, clients are happier and as a result of it I am booking more photo sessions and more weddings for 2013. With the money spent on the outsourcing, I am building in to the package price. So it is not costing me anymore than it normally would to produce a wedding.

How are your experience with outsourcing or hiring someone to edit?

Jun 28, 2012 at 02:34 PM
hendrikm
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Outsourcing

I also started to outsource this year. Found a photographer who´s willing to do the basic corrections in Lightroom. Charges 16ct (Eurocent) per image.

The first weddings were different than my style, but now we are "synched"

Whom do you use?

Jun 28, 2012 at 08:56 PM
micla

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Outsourcing

Great to hear you have a life back and congrats on baby #2! At this point, I do not have the bookings to outsource my post processing but definitely hope to at some point Where did you outsource? When giving some extra love to the blogged and album images, did you edit from scratch or use what was provided from whom you outsourced with?

Jun 28, 2012 at 09:59 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password