FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Photo Booth Equipment

Manzelle
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Photo Booth Equipment

Just curious, what lens and camera do you use for your photo booth? I used a 50D and a 17-40L (with an AlienBees B800) last time but didn't care for the results.

Jun 27, 2012 at 08:37 AM
JanetG
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Photo Booth Equipment

i have used a 40d and alien bees, - the last two though - i used a fujix10 and alien bee - worked just as well.

Jun 27, 2012 at 08:52 AM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Photo Booth Equipment

The lighting and background is FAR more important than the camera and the lens.

Heck, you could use a rebel with an 18-55 kit lens if you've got the rest of it nailed.

Jun 27, 2012 at 08:56 AM
nguyencs
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Photo Booth Equipment

50D and 17-55mm. Use 1-2 LumoPro speedlites. Camera body isn't important. Having a wide lens has been great for us with larger groups. The biggest issue we deal with is trying to get the lighting right while still maintaining a small footprint and keeping it safe with guests around.

Jun 27, 2012 at 09:08 AM
Manzelle
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Photo Booth Equipment

In this last instance the lighting was probably the issue. The booth wasn't in the ideal location as far as I am concerned but it was where they wanted it. They enjoyed the photos but I thought they could have been better.

Jun 27, 2012 at 09:14 AM
whtrbt7
• •
[X]
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Photo Booth Equipment

People don't care about photo booth quality. You could use a point and shoot attached to a tripod and still do great. All that matters are the fun things you can do with the photo booth. It's just another part of marketing IMO. I use props and I have everything set up so when people press the trigger, it focuses and triggers, flash, the camera, and the printer. I would supply alcohol too for better photos but I don't have a liquor license .

Jun 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Photo Booth Equipment

I use a 20D and an 18-55 EF-S. Doesn't really need more tbh. I'm rocking some Bowens Gemini's for lighting.

Jun 27, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Sean Hoffman
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Photo Booth Equipment

Yeah, D70 & kit lens w/ Alien Bee & umbrella @ f/8 for me. Looks great, costs little.

Jun 27, 2012 at 02:35 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.