Upload & Sell: Off
Facebook has been a huge tool for business for a lot of us here and I've been working through ways to maximize my reach and involvement with fans. I've been playing around with ideas about what times to post, on what days to post, tagging, posting non-wedding related photography stuff, etc. With Facebook's new emphasis on pictures, I've been seeing a lot more interaction with my posts. So I'd like to know is what you do to maximize your effect on facebook.
1. When you post, what times and days do you see the most involvement (likes, comment)?
2. What is your standard procedure for posting before, during, and after a wedding?
3. What one thing has worked best for you?
And I'll start with me...
1. I found that posting in the mornings, between 7am-9am has the most initial reach. Monday and Friday mornings have been good for me. Friday and Saturday nights are the worst.
2. I usually post something about the wedding to day of, then post a quick picture of the reception or the food or something during the wedding. The Monday morning after the wedding, I post one picture that I really like and tag my clients. After I deliver the images to the client, I do a blog post with my favorites, then I post a selected few from those to facebook with a link back to the blog post. It used to work really well, but I havent seen the drive to my site that I used to be seeing from facebook.
3. Tagging! Without a doubt the best thing that works for me. The reach is fantastic at times and non fans get to see pictures on your page.