Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · What do YOU do on Facebook?

TomHarmon
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · What do YOU do on Facebook?

Facebook has been a huge tool for business for a lot of us here and I've been working through ways to maximize my reach and involvement with fans. I've been playing around with ideas about what times to post, on what days to post, tagging, posting non-wedding related photography stuff, etc. With Facebook's new emphasis on pictures, I've been seeing a lot more interaction with my posts. So I'd like to know is what you do to maximize your effect on facebook.

1. When you post, what times and days do you see the most involvement (likes, comment)?
2. What is your standard procedure for posting before, during, and after a wedding?
3. What one thing has worked best for you?

And I'll start with me...
1. I found that posting in the mornings, between 7am-9am has the most initial reach. Monday and Friday mornings have been good for me. Friday and Saturday nights are the worst.
2. I usually post something about the wedding to day of, then post a quick picture of the reception or the food or something during the wedding. The Monday morning after the wedding, I post one picture that I really like and tag my clients. After I deliver the images to the client, I do a blog post with my favorites, then I post a selected few from those to facebook with a link back to the blog post. It used to work really well, but I havent seen the drive to my site that I used to be seeing from facebook.
3. Tagging! Without a doubt the best thing that works for me. The reach is fantastic at times and non fans get to see pictures on your page.

Jun 27, 2012 at 01:03 PM
MattSepeta
• • •
p.1 #2 · What do YOU do on Facebook?

Nice idea for a thread!!

I really need to hit facebook harder, being a wedding photographer is one of the unique professions where social media can work sooooo hard for you.

Question: Does someone need to be a fan of your business page in order to tag them? Can business pages even tag people?

1. I honestly post whenever I can find time to do it. Probably 2 or 3 times a month I'll post wedding images or a blog post link or whatever.

2. I normally post an image that catches my eye. No rhyme or reason to it.

3. I actually got the biggest reaction from a photo I took on a recent trip of a lake with stars and stars reflecting in the lake at dusk. I got 25 likes and a bunch of comments within an hour of posting it. I normally just get a few likes and comments here and there. Yes, its a really neat photo but I didn't think it was anything overly awesome when I posted it...

Jun 27, 2012 at 01:18 PM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.1 #3 · What do YOU do on Facebook?

Stalk people

Jun 27, 2012 at 01:19 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · What do YOU do on Facebook?

We use Facebook (biz page) and our blog pretty interchangeably. It's easier for a lot of people that way.

As far as other posts about the wedding or about work, I just post when I want to say something, which is increasingly less...

Jun 27, 2012 at 01:24 PM
TomHarmon
• • •
p.1 #5 · What do YOU do on Facebook?

MattSepeta wrote:
Question: Does someone need to be a fan of your business page in order to tag them? Can business pages even tag people?

Yeah, you have to be friends with them to tag them. They can tag themselves in your pictures, but a business page can't tag non friends. Its weird.

Jun 27, 2012 at 01:24 PM
Matt B.
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · What do YOU do on Facebook?

TomHarmon wrote:
Yeah, you have to be friends with them to tag them. They can tag themselves in your pictures, but a business page can't tag non friends. Its weird.

Thank God this is the case too.

Can you imagine if businesses could tag anyone they wanted without affiliations? My news feed has enough photos of shoes that people are trying to sell by virtue of tagging their "friends" in the photos.

Jun 27, 2012 at 01:36 PM
mjoshi
• • •
p.1 #7 · What do YOU do on Facebook?

My bigger question how to make people like your page, I've posted from last wedding I did and there are like 50+ likes on different pictures and Album itself but only single like on a Page from those 50+ likes, it shows it has reached more thant 300 people and more than 77 talking about it but not sure how can I convert those single photo like to more of a page like ?

To answer question in thread
1. When you post, what times and days do you see the most involvement (likes, comment)?
I've yet to figure this one out but mostly try to keep it on Monday or on Friday evening.

2. What is your standard procedure for posting before, during, and after a wedding?
Lately I try to keep more content coming on my page so that way people have something new to see at regular interval. Still starting into wedding so cannot post that many wedding pictures but do post random images that I've taken and liked.

3. What one thing has worked best for you?
Still trying to figure this part out.

Jun 27, 2012 at 02:11 PM
FPS Studios

p.1 #8 · What do YOU do on Facebook?

Sometimes I'll post a sneak peak a day after the wedding, tag the bride, and comment : 'Please 'Like' my page to receive updates when more images are posted'. or something like that.... I get mixed results, never as many new likes as I think I should be getting.

Jun 27, 2012 at 02:22 PM
marti.g3
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #9 · What do YOU do on Facebook?

Guests and family may "like" the photos, but that doesn't mean they necessarily want to "like" your business and start receiving YOUR and others posts onto their personal page. They might not want to have YOUR daily stuff posting onto their page. I've found that many "likes" usually turn into inquiries and some bookings.

I like to post the Sunday after, and will add a photo a day during the week if I can to keep the anticipation up.

Jun 27, 2012 at 02:24 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · What do YOU do on Facebook?

The best way to create page likes is to create photos that people care about even when they don't care about the people in them.

Jun 27, 2012 at 02:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

RichardLavigne
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · What do YOU do on Facebook?

Tony Hoffer wrote:
The best way to create page likes is to create photos that people care about even when they don't care about the people in them.

I agree with this.

Jun 27, 2012 at 02:31 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · What do YOU do on Facebook?

Monday morning. 8am.

Here's what I posted in the deliverables thread yesterday...

I post 25-50 "favorites" to the Blog at 6-8am, Monday morning, one week following the wedding date. I post 5-10 of those "favorites" to Facebook at the same time, tag, and add link to push traffic to the Blog where they can see more.

This made a HUGE impact in response. People check FB the first thing when they get to work. lol Its so active, I only post on Monday mornings now. lol

Jun 27, 2012 at 04:11 PM
Ghost
• • • •
p.1 #13 · What do YOU do on Facebook?

I have an FT job. So posting images on fb is not possible in the mornings. Especially the start of the week where I am in meetings right off the bat.

I usually put out a sneak peak photo a day or two after the shoot. Then a 10-15 photo set a week or so later.

About LIKES. OK this befuddles me. Most of the folks that like my page are not even from the same continent! Let alone in my target region. Well unless I go into paid ads...

Jun 27, 2012 at 05:09 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · What do YOU do on Facebook?

I just tell dick jokes and try to make people laugh on FB.

Jun 27, 2012 at 05:17 PM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · What do YOU do on Facebook?

canerino wrote:

winner

Jun 27, 2012 at 05:21 PM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · What do YOU do on Facebook?

Ghost wrote:
I have an FT job. So posting images on fb is not possible in the mornings. Especially the start of the week where I am in meetings right off the bat...

Actually, Facebook allows you schedule posts on your business page.

Jun 27, 2012 at 05:23 PM
Ghost
• • • •
p.1 #17 · What do YOU do on Facebook?

maxwell1295 wrote:
Actually, Facebook allows you schedule posts on your business page.

WHAT?! You mean I woke up 6am in the mornings all these times....

Do tell O Wise One!

Jun 27, 2012 at 06:00 PM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · What do YOU do on Facebook?

Ghost wrote:
WHAT?! You mean I woke up 6am in the mornings all these times....

Do tell O Wise One!

Here ya go: http://www.tofurious.com/marketing-tips/how-to-schedule-facebook-posts/

Jun 27, 2012 at 06:12 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · What do YOU do on Facebook?

canerino wrote:

canerino wrote:
How big do you think Doris Burke's dick is?

Edited on Jun 27, 2012 at 06:38 PM · View previous versions

Jun 27, 2012 at 06:36 PM
Ghost
• • • •
p.1 #20 · What do YOU do on Facebook?

maxwell1295 wrote:
Here ya go: http://www.tofurious.com/marketing-tips/how-to-schedule-facebook-posts/

Mucho gracias! One LIKE coming your way!

Jun 27, 2012 at 06:37 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password