Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2012 · Skightly OT: Wedding shooter loses memory card after a pu...

Michael H
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Skightly OT: Wedding shooter loses memory card after a pub crawl

Oh boy, I'm not much of a drinker but if I ever decide to cut loose I'll be sure to safely secure the images from the day. http://uk.news.yahoo.com/couple-lose-all-images-of-their-wedding-after-photographer-loses-memory-card-on-boozy-night-out-.html

This wasn't anyone here was it?

Jun 27, 2012 at 03:54 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Skightly OT: Wedding shooter loses memory card after a pub crawl

Another horror story of not hiring a pro.

Jun 27, 2012 at 04:06 AM
DavidCZ
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Skightly OT: Wedding shooter loses memory card after a pub crawl

Lesson:

Never ask a so-called "professional" photographer friend to take photos to save money. There is a good chance that he/she messes it up badly.

Real pros always back up the photos immediately on the wedding day to multiple copies before the formal processing.

Jun 27, 2012 at 04:08 AM
Michael H
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Skightly OT: Wedding shooter loses memory card after a pub crawl

Exactly. They did all him a "budding professional photographer". I'd guess not any more.

Jun 27, 2012 at 04:09 AM
marti.g3
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Skightly OT: Wedding shooter loses memory card after a pub crawl

Save some money, lose your memories. Was it worth it ?

Jun 27, 2012 at 04:33 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Skightly OT: Wedding shooter loses memory card after a pub crawl

So many fails in that story.

Jun 27, 2012 at 04:56 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Skightly OT: Wedding shooter loses memory card after a pub crawl

DavidCZ wrote:
Real pros always back up the photos immediately on the wedding day to multiple copies before the formal processing.

Sure. At my first opportunity after the wedding, I make a backup copy of the wedding pictures to a hard drive and then I make another copy of the pictures to be kept at a different physical location from the first copy, just in case disaster should strike the first copy. And this is all done before I do any editing to the images. Data security is step #1 with a pro.

Jun 27, 2012 at 05:21 AM
Chris Beaumont
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Skightly OT: Wedding shooter loses memory card after a pub crawl

I was 'discussing' (aka ranting) this with Tony Hart on Twitter last night.

Basically my take :

1. If not "having a photo to put on our wall" is SO important to you that not having one "has left a bitter taste in our mouths" so much that you don't even like to talk about the wedding, hire a fucking pro.

2. Not a single other of your guests was snapping away outside the church with their blackberry/iphone/CaNikon PowerCool S47832700 You DEFINITELY should have hired one of us, we would have PAID to be at the only wedding in 2012 where no other guest took some sort of camera with them.

3. Who the feck publically names and shames a friend like this because he made a stupid drunken mistake after something he did FOR FREE??

Jun 27, 2012 at 09:20 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Skightly OT: Wedding shooter loses memory card after a pub crawl

After reading through, I completely agree with Chris..

Jun 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM
ai3x
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Skightly OT: Wedding shooter loses memory card after a pub crawl

Fail on all accounts. He can't have been all that happy with the photos though if he left the card in his wallet for days before downloading the photos! Maybe it's a good thing.

Alex

Jun 27, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Chris Beaumont
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Skightly OT: Wedding shooter loses memory card after a pub crawl

Could be that, or maybe, not being a pro, he had a job to do monday to friday and the free wedding he did wasn't world number 1 priority.

Can't believe they'd go crying to the media to tell on a friend, baffles me.

Welcome back anyway, how was Spain? It's been SHITE here most of the week, maybe 1 day of sun.

Jun 27, 2012 at 11:41 AM
M. Magallon
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Skightly OT: Wedding shooter loses memory card after a pub crawl

Chris Beaumont wrote:
I was 'discussing' (aka ranting) this with Tony Hart on Twitter last night.

2. Not a single other of your guests was snapping away outside the church with their blackberry/iphone/CaNikon PowerCool S47832700 You DEFINITELY should have hired one of us, we would have PAID to be at the only wedding in 2012 where no other guest took some sort of camera with them.

Hahaha, that made me laugh

Seriously though, the biggest FAIL was not to download it on a computer right away afterwards. I was doing this every single time BEFORE paid work.

Jun 27, 2012 at 12:44 PM
tobicus
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Skightly OT: Wedding shooter loses memory card after a pub crawl

Ooh, that's a rough one.

Jun 27, 2012 at 12:49 PM
MattSepeta
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Skightly OT: Wedding shooter loses memory card after a pub crawl

Little sympathy for the couple. Sure it's a bummer, but I also have little sympathy for a person who buys the cheapest "xyz" possible then is outraged when it breaks.

Even less sympathy for the photographer who just hacked his career down at the knees!

Jun 27, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Skightly OT: Wedding shooter loses memory card after a pub crawl

I still have no idea why "cheap couple hire someone with no experience, get no/awful pictures" stories like this make it into the news, it even looks like they sent someone over to get a shot of them pouting with an empty frame showing they got what they paid for. Guess that two year trip to NZ was a lot more important.

Jun 27, 2012 at 12:57 PM
ACRe
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Skightly OT: Wedding shooter loses memory card after a pub crawl

Methinks photography is not for this one....

Andrew

Jun 27, 2012 at 01:20 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Skightly OT: Wedding shooter loses memory card after a pub crawl

A few things:

1. That picture of the couple holding an empty frame is the funniest thing I've ever seen. I'd love to be the photographer who suggested that idea.

2. In the U.S. the guy would get sued for a million dollars.

3. When we see the threads about the average wedding photography fee being $2100, we need to remember that this (hiring people for cheap/free) happens ALL the time and that real pros can't get by charging fees that are just 'close to the average.'

Jun 27, 2012 at 01:31 PM
Chris Beaumont
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Skightly OT: Wedding shooter loses memory card after a pub crawl

Tony Hoffer wrote:
2. In the U.S. the guy would get sued for a million dollars.

For realz? Even though he was a friend, presumably with no formal agreement (contract) or payment??

Jun 27, 2012 at 01:46 PM
Chris Beaumont
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Skightly OT: Wedding shooter loses memory card after a pub crawl

Also - "I am absolutely gutted. We can't even talk about the wedding now, the whole thing has left a bitter taste in our mouths."

Can't even talk about it.....EXCEPT TO YAHOO NEWS??

Feck off.

Jun 27, 2012 at 01:49 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Skightly OT: Wedding shooter loses memory card after a pub crawl

Chris Beaumont wrote:
Also - "I am absolutely gutted. We can't even talk about the wedding now, the whole thing has left a bitter taste in our mouths."

Can't even talk about it.....EXCEPT TO YAHOO NEWS??

Feck off.

So very, very true. But it's entirely his mistake, nothing to do with the couples decisions, did you not read the full article Chris?

Jun 27, 2012 at 02:00 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password