Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Loaner Equipment?

tonyhart
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Loaner Equipment?

Hi all,

I'm considering buying a 70-200 at some point and have heard people in the past talk about Canon and Nikon loaning equipment from time to time to those considering purchases. I've been buying Canon for 5 years now and am a CPS member so was wondering if there was any possibility of getting a loaner for a week? If so, any tips on how to go about making this happen? Contact Canon directly?

If this is a longshot, then let me know!

Cheers guys,

Tony

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:49 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Loaner Equipment?

If you're a CPS member you should have the ability to get a loaner for sure, it's done through CPS.

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:57 PM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Loaner Equipment?

I don't know how it works in the UK, but in the US.. you simply email your CPS representative... their email address should be in your welcome pack. Tell them what you want and you get it for 2 weeks. really simple.

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:57 PM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Loaner Equipment?

Ah cool. I will certainly check that out then. Cheers guys.

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ghdarnell
• • •
p.1 #5 · Loaner Equipment?

Does Canon do this for free? We rent from places like lensrentals.com or our local photography store

Jun 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Loaner Equipment?

ghdarnell wrote:
Does Canon do this for free? We rent from places like lensrentals.com or our local photography store

Yes.. well sort of. You have to pay to be a CPS member, but once you are in the trial loaners are free. They should not be considered rentals though. You can only request any single item 2 times... additionally, you aren't guaranteed items for certain time frames... I've found that requesting an item 6 weeks prior to when I'd like to use it, usually works out well.

Jun 27, 2012 at 01:05 AM
ghdarnell
• • •
p.1 #7 · Loaner Equipment?

Thanks for clearing that up!

Jun 27, 2012 at 01:07 AM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Loaner Equipment?

They just got back to me to let me know that it's not possible for them to loan me anything at the moment as it's all in use at various pro events. I'm guessing Euro's, Wimbledon, run up to the Olympics. First time they'll be able to loan me anything is September.

Disappointing but not surprised. It's understandable but I'd hoped for a better outcome. They've got a lens of mine at present for repair. Hopefully they'll do a good job otherwise my already shaky view of UK CPS could become very negative!

Jun 27, 2012 at 07:33 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password