Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · so NOW how are your bookings looking?

morganb4
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · so NOW how are your bookings looking?

You may remember that I was whinging a while back because of lack of interest. Well things have turned round and I have had a flurry of late interest and I am now only 2 bookings away from being technically full for next 12 months. I have even had a booking on spec, which is unusual.

The downside is that I have not yet had any big package bookings but there is a chance that some of these will convert up to a larger package.

The upside is that I have cost justified the big equipment spend that was really a necessity so thankfully that particular leap of faith played out the right way.

SO, hows it looking for you all now?

Jun 26, 2012 at 03:03 PM
Inku Yo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · so NOW how are your bookings looking?

I have 28 for this year. 25 was my goal. I shot 33 last year and thought that was too many. Hahah. I'm still a little light for October/November, so I might end up shooting 30+ again.

Don't remember where I was at the last time you asked.

Jun 26, 2012 at 03:08 PM
morganb4
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · so NOW how are your bookings looking?

I seem to remember that you were unfazed by your situation at that point. Glad its looking good for you.

Jun 26, 2012 at 03:11 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · so NOW how are your bookings looking?

We have 37 total this year and 38 next year.

Jun 26, 2012 at 03:14 PM
lilyphoto
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · so NOW how are your bookings looking?

Things have definitely picked up the last couple of months. We have more booked for 2013 right now than we did this time last year.

I'll probably end up with the same # of 2012 weddings this year as last year, if not one or two shy. BUT my clients are spending a lot more $$ on us than in the past. Almost double. So, working less...making more.. can't complain.

Jun 26, 2012 at 03:16 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · so NOW how are your bookings looking?

We hit our max for this year (30), but next year is still waaaaaay too light for us. We really need to pick up the bookings there.

Jun 26, 2012 at 03:23 PM
jprezant
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · so NOW how are your bookings looking?

nobody wants to book me when I tell them my prices are in EU.

26 this year. That's more than I want for 2013. Booking later for 2013 than I did for
2012 but I'm confident it will come around. Aiming for only 15 weddings in 2013.

Jun 26, 2012 at 03:24 PM
Sergio Mottola
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · so NOW how are your bookings looking?

sitting at 18 weddings, last year i shot 32 (2/3 involving air travel). it was way too much for me so i raised my prices and i'm happy with what i've got. i shot 9 last july and this year i only have 3, i love it (my birthday month, and a nice month to enjoy seattle). i only have 5 local this year. i think 18-25 is a good number, but it depends on where i'm flying. commuting SEA-SFO is quite pleasant i think, but the midwest/east coast can be logistically harder since it takes all day to get there.

last year all my clients were great except for 4-5 out of the 32. this year, they all look like they'll be good.

Jun 26, 2012 at 04:13 PM
TomHarmon
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · so NOW how are your bookings looking?

17 this year, sitting on 8 so far for next year. Not bad for a part timer. Keeps me VERY busy.

Jun 26, 2012 at 04:40 PM
Prettym1k3
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · so NOW how are your bookings looking?

9 for myself (completely word of mouth). 9 through another photographer who sends them my way when she double books + I'm her go-to second shooter and I work bridal fairs with her.

I was hoping for 20, but I still have 1-2 pending that haven't booked yet, so hopefully I hit that 20 mark. Considering that I have a full time day job, 20 is my limit to keep my sanity and keep my family happy with a little husband/daddy time.

Jun 26, 2012 at 04:47 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Inku Yo
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · so NOW how are your bookings looking?

Yeah, once I started to approach 20 weddings as a "part timer" I had to seriously consider my future as a wedding photographer. Now I do this full time and wouldn't have it any other way.

Jun 26, 2012 at 05:03 PM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · so NOW how are your bookings looking?

21 for this year, 1 confirmed for next year, 4 or 5 enquiries for 2013 in the pipe. I'm aiming for 25 per year.

Jun 26, 2012 at 05:05 PM
TomHarmon
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · so NOW how are your bookings looking?

Inku Yo wrote:
Yeah, once I started to approach 20 weddings as a "part timer" I had to seriously consider my future as a wedding photographer. Now I do this full time and wouldn't have it any other way.

This is kinda where I'm at now. I might have to make a decision soon, or if my wife gets a job, it'll make deciding much easier.

Jun 26, 2012 at 05:08 PM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · so NOW how are your bookings looking?

28 and counting this year. Oh, and I have a different job during the week too. It's a lot of work, but they money is very good.

Big changes coming up for me in the near future, so I'm saving all I can get my hands on right now.

Jun 26, 2012 at 05:14 PM
DavidCZ
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · so NOW how are your bookings looking?

I can take one more wedding in December this year and that's it. Hopefully again in Las Vegas.

I aim to shoot same amount of weddings in 2013 but with higher rate. The price will be raised sometime at the end of the year when more bookings for 2013 are in.

Jun 26, 2012 at 05:23 PM
JR Magat
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · so NOW how are your bookings looking?

representing the noobs... I have 4 booked as primary and 1 as a 2nd for this year. Nothing yet for 2013 (ideal goal is 10; since I am part time)

here's a question for everyone... Are there certain months that you seem to book the most?

Jun 26, 2012 at 07:31 PM
KeithonFire

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · so NOW how are your bookings looking?

7 this year. Down 50% from last year. Even did the local bridal show for the first time in about 5 years. None for next year.

Jun 26, 2012 at 09:08 PM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · so NOW how are your bookings looking?

24 this year... with 6 already booked for next. pretty much on schedule to book the same for next year as we have this year..

Is there a way you can link us to your old post?

Jun 26, 2012 at 09:18 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · so NOW how are your bookings looking?

I wasn't part of the initial post, but I have 20 this year total (shot 6 so far). 4 booked for 2013, 1 pending contract, and another lead from out of state that will be using me for their engagement session and want to discuss possibility of flying out to their wedding.

Last year (which was my first year) I think I shot around 8 or so and a couple of elopement sessions. Not sure where I should be for 2013 booking wise... most of my weddings for 2012 were booked in Jan/Feb of this year.

Jun 26, 2012 at 09:32 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · so NOW how are your bookings looking?

morganb4 wrote:
You may remember that I was whinging a while back because of lack of interest. Well things have turned round and I have had a flurry of late interest and I am now only 2 bookings away from being technically full for next 12 months. I have even had a booking on spec, which is unusual.

The downside is that I have not yet had any big package bookings but there is a chance that some of these will convert up to a larger package.

The upside is that I have cost justified the big equipment spend that was really a necessity
...Show more

Glad it's gone so well. So what happened for you? Did you change some things around, approach something differently? Or do you just accept that before there was a bit of a natural lul in the inquiries?

Jun 26, 2012 at 09:39 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password