Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Inspirations for e-sessions

ACRe
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Inspirations for e-sessions

I have my first e-session this Tuesday, and I am wondering if there are some places people go for inspiration.

I have already looked at anything going back about a year here on the forum with the words e-session, esession, e session, or engagement associated with it. There is some really great stuff here, for sure. I am just wondering if there are some other places as well. Needless to say, I am a bit nervous, and I don't want to have missed anything -- especially anything stupid.

Thanks.

Andrew

Jun 24, 2012 at 10:14 PM
mci2727
• •
p.1 #2 · Inspirations for e-sessions

Pintrest is a great place to see what others have done...
Just take the loving couple, place in woods/boat/cityscape work with long lenses and relax them, get them to cuddle-up, kiss and love on each other.
Just have fun with it.

Jun 24, 2012 at 10:39 PM
TomHarmon
• • •
p.1 #3 · Inspirations for e-sessions

Try not to be nervous. It should be fun and relaxed. A great way to get meaningful pictures for the couple is to do something they love to do, or some hobby of theirs. Do they like hiking? Kayaking? Going to the movies? Playing basketball? Once you get into some of their favorite stuff, ideas will come. Good luck.

Jun 24, 2012 at 10:49 PM
ACRe
• •
p.1 #4 · Inspirations for e-sessions

mci2727 wrote:
Pintrest is a great place to see what others have done...
Just take the loving couple, place in woods/boat/cityscape work with long lenses and relax them, get them to cuddle-up, kiss and love on each other.
Just have fun with it.

Pinterest. I get a big "duh" for that one. I knew I was missing something big...

Thanks!

Andrew

Jun 25, 2012 at 12:06 AM
ACRe
• •
p.1 #5 · Inspirations for e-sessions

TomHarmon wrote:
Try not to be nervous. It should be fun and relaxed. A great way to get meaningful pictures for the couple is to do something they love to do, or some hobby of theirs. Do they like hiking? Kayaking? Going to the movies? Playing basketball? Once you get into some of their favorite stuff, ideas will come. Good luck.

Tom, luckily, the people on this board have already shown me a lot simply by my reading and watching what they have done, so we are already going to a spot that they consider their own. I am just hoping I get enough angles and such things in my head so I can try and translate that vision to the camera. The prep is what is stressing me right now.

Thanks!

Andrew

Jun 25, 2012 at 12:17 AM
WNStudio
• • •
p.1 #6 · Inspirations for e-sessions

My advice- take your time during session. Don't push it. Start slowly- for ex. have a coffee together (1-st opportunity to take pictures). The more relaxed the couple is the better the results.
Good luck with your e-session.

Jun 25, 2012 at 06:41 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

ACRe
• •
p.1 #7 · Inspirations for e-sessions

WNStudio wrote:
My advice- take your time during session. Don't push it. Start slowly- for ex. have a coffee together (1-st opportunity to take pictures). The more relaxed the couple is the better the results.
Good luck with your e-session.

That is a very good idea!

I knew there was a reason I posted the question.

Thanks.

Andrew

Jun 25, 2012 at 11:45 AM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Inspirations for e-sessions

another site you can use for inspiration is flickr or even google images since you can just type in your keyword and see what comes up, I hope that helps.

Jun 25, 2012 at 12:49 PM
tobicus
• • •
p.1 #9 · Inspirations for e-sessions

Definitely take it easy and don't rush things. Our first engagement session and our most recent one look pretty similar to each other in concept, but our last was our best since we were most relaxed.

Jun 25, 2012 at 01:00 PM
ACRe
• •
p.1 #10 · Inspirations for e-sessions

sherijohnson wrote:
another site you can use for inspiration is flickr or even google images since you can just type in your keyword and see what comes up, I hope that helps.

Thanks. Another good one.

Andrew

Jun 25, 2012 at 01:47 PM
ACRe
• •
p.1 #11 · Inspirations for e-sessions

tobicus wrote:
Definitely take it easy and don't rush things. Our first engagement session and our most recent one look pretty similar to each other in concept, but our last was our best since we were most relaxed.

I am sensing a pattern here. lol. I will do my best to at least fake it well, although I am hoping for my part that when I get there I will have all my prep in order and just relax.

Thanks!

Andrew

Jun 25, 2012 at 02:00 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password