Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · The CONTAREX book - by Pierpaolo Ghisetti + Marco Cavina

kds315

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The CONTAREX book - by Pierpaolo Ghisetti + Marco Cavina

I got informed by my friend Marco Cavina that he and Pierpaolo Ghisetti will present their new CONTAREX book on Milano, June 27 at Galleria OPENMIND, Via Rovello, 5, 20121 Milano at 19:30 hours.

The book is about the Contarex system, manufactured by Zeiss Ikon Stuttgart from 1959 to 1972, with optics by Carl Zeiss in Oberkochen. It is loaded with 215 pages in A4 format (210 297mm, 8.27 11.69") with 220 images in full color, 115 drawings of optics, many of them also with all the information of the glass types used and 50 original MTF test charts from Carl Zeiss from that time.

Authors are Pierpaolo Ghisetti, a famous camera collector and Marco Cavina, active photographer and technical expert on optics. Publisher and editor is the well known Milano camera dealer Ryuichi Watanabe.

From that day onwards the book will be available for sale also, price is set to be EUR80 as far as a I know.

http://blog.analogica.it/analogica-it/2012/06/pierpaolo-ghisetti-e-marco-cavina-presentano-il-libro-contarex/

Here the official invitation:

Jun 24, 2012 at 12:05 PM
rico
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The CONTAREX book - by Pierpaolo Ghisetti + Marco Cavina

Cool! Some of the CZ designs for Contarex were reissued in C/Y mount for Contax RTS, my main system. Other designs disappeared, which is a shame: I want that Sonnar 85/2 - 7elements, 3 groups!

Jun 25, 2012 at 06:53 AM
kds315

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The CONTAREX book - by Pierpaolo Ghisetti + Marco Cavina

And here the two authors going through some pre-prints of book pages, also showing the Italian/English text in two columns (left(right) as well as the high quality color scans and graphics.

(c) Marco Cavina, used with permission

Jun 25, 2012 at 09:02 AM
kds315

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The CONTAREX book - by Pierpaolo Ghisetti + Marco Cavina

Here is the ISBN code if someone is interested in that book...

Jul 04, 2012 at 08:42 AM
briantho
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The CONTAREX book - by Pierpaolo Ghisetti + Marco Cavina

I'd like to buy this book, but they're not making it easy. Only link I found was this one provided in another forum:
http://tinyurl.com/cykjaxx

It's in italian, and seem to require registrating an account, which I tried, but it failed wit an SQL error.

I'd suggest to put up a listing on ebay to make the book available to the world.

Aug 02, 2012 at 03:19 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password