Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Today is the wedding day, but

DavidCZ
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Today is the wedding day, but

I still don't know when and where to go, including my second photographer. Totally clueless.

I have been trying to get a clear schedule in the past two weeks with the bride. Each time, she promised to send me the schedule soon, but there was no emails or phone calls.

I just called her again this morning, but the schedule was still not finalized yet. The only info I have now is when and where the ceremony will be.

So I am still waiting ... ... Have to call her again in 30 minutes.

Jun 23, 2012 at 04:02 PM
marti.g3
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Today is the wedding day, but

Just show up at the ceremony.

Jun 23, 2012 at 04:09 PM
DavidCZ
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Today is the wedding day, but

Yeah that's my last resort. I am totally covered on my side.

But still doing my best to get the pre-shots.

Jun 23, 2012 at 04:36 PM
Karl Goosen
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Today is the wedding day, but

I would give her a call and tell her that you will be at the ceremony at X o'clock and that it will be impossibile to shoot the preparation because they never gave you the necessary information. You already mailed and called several times so you can't blame yourself.

Jun 23, 2012 at 04:58 PM
pinktutu
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Today is the wedding day, but

And then follow up all your calls with an email, just to be sure it's in writing.

Jun 23, 2012 at 05:07 PM
DavidCZ
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Today is the wedding day, but

@ Karl and @pinktutu,

Yes I did also write emails as a record. So I am totally fine. It happens every two years

Jun 23, 2012 at 05:24 PM
DavidCZ
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Today is the wedding day, but

Update: Just received the schedule including time and place to meet at the first stop.

Only 3 hours left for me.

What a relieve! Just hope that there are no more surprises

Jun 23, 2012 at 05:27 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Today is the wedding day, but

wow

good luck

Jun 23, 2012 at 06:25 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Today is the wedding day, but

Yikes, I don't know how I'd deal with that. Glad you got it in the end, I hope it goes well.

Jun 23, 2012 at 09:05 PM
Ian Ivey
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Today is the wedding day, but

Glad you got it in the end,

I think he avoided getting it there.

Jun 24, 2012 at 03:58 AM
Amy Koch
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Today is the wedding day, but

DavidCZ wrote:
I have been trying to get a clear schedule in the past two weeks with the bride. Each time, she promised to send me the schedule soon, but there was no emails or phone calls.

For the future, try doing this:

In our consultation during booking, I ask the bride if she wants shots of details and the dress hanging photos. Every time the answer is yes. I let her know we will need to start at least 3 hours prior to the ceremony. This gives us time for first look, B & G photos, bridal party, family photos. Remember, brides have never done this before, it's all new to them and most appreciate any information and guidance you can give them. Therefore, we make the schedule for them to follow. Then I know where we need to be at certain times. It has worked pretty well for us and the brides love us taking the stress out of making a schedule!

Jun 24, 2012 at 04:46 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Today is the wedding day, but

Wow, why would they wait so long!?

Jun 24, 2012 at 02:42 PM
DavidCZ
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Today is the wedding day, but

SloPhoto wrote:
wow

good luck

Well, It all worked out. But a scary one.

I arrived 15 minutes before schedule. Then the door was closed. I rang the bell, knocked the door, knocked the window and tried everything I could except crashing the door. But nobody was there. The bride's voice mail box was full. The groom's phone had no voice mail setup and nobody answered the phone.

So I left a message to the MUA and the groom's sister. Finally, I was let in and it turned out that the wedding party was inside the place all the time but they closed the door and the window so that nobody could see them change clothes.

Jun 24, 2012 at 04:30 PM
DavidCZ
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Today is the wedding day, but

ricardovaste wrote:
Yikes, I don't know how I'd deal with that. Glad you got it in the end, I hope it goes well.

This only happens to me every two years. So according to my statistics, I will be in good shape for the next two years

Jun 24, 2012 at 04:32 PM
DavidCZ
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Today is the wedding day, but

Hi Amy,

I always talk to the bride in advance and try to give a clear picture of the schedule. But this is really an extreme case.

The problem was that they still had not decided where to get ready until the last day, since they had a big family behind it with so many opinions. I did my best in my professional way and it was impossible to for me to spend more time doing the wedding planner's work. Especially if I expect that they would not listen to my inputs seriously.

Anyway, it turned out to be a really nice wedding with beautiful decorations. The bride was beautiful and the groom was handsome. I had only 5 minutes to take photos for the bride and groom alone in the end. I wish they could give me more time but that was it.

Dave

Amy Koch wrote:
For the future, try doing this:

In our consultation during booking, I ask the bride if she wants shots of details and the dress hanging photos. Every time the answer is yes. I let her know we will need to start at least 3 hours prior to the ceremony. This gives us time for first look, B & G photos, bridal party, family photos. Remember, brides have never done this before, it's all new to them and most appreciate any information and guidance you can give them. Therefore, we make the schedule for them to follow. Then I know where
...Show more

Jun 24, 2012 at 04:50 PM
DavidCZ
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Today is the wedding day, but

RobertLynn wrote:
Wow, why would they wait so long!?

As to the wedding day schedule, this one made a record for me.

Two years ago, I had another bride who changed the schedule including the meeting place on the wedding day without any notice. Nobody knew where she was. So I had to call many people and ran around to chase her down.

Yeah that was another extreme case.

Jun 24, 2012 at 04:55 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password