Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · LR3 Import Extremely slow after reformat

cbradio09
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · LR3 Import Extremely slow after reformat

Can't figure out what my problem is with LR3 and the import screen. Everytime I crank it up, it takes forever to load the import screen, forever to load each folder and subfolder, and forever to select individual images to import.

I have the cache settings at 200gigs, 8 gigs of ram on the machine, q9400 processor @ 3ghz. not much else running on the machine as well.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Cam

Jun 22, 2012 at 04:54 PM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · LR3 Import Extremely slow after reformat

Maybe try purging the cache

Jun 22, 2012 at 08:04 PM
cbradio09
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · LR3 Import Extremely slow after reformat

No dice, still awful slow. I'm afraid the disk may be failing since it's taking forever to open folders.

Ironically, my laptop is now faster at running LR than my desktop. If only I could sell my wife on a new PC haha. Atleast new guts to speed it up.

Jun 23, 2012 at 01:50 AM
cbradio09
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · LR3 Import Extremely slow after reformat

Found the problem.

With COMODO cloud backup installed ( program I used to drag and drop school docs to a cloud) Lightroom tried to access the cloud as a file source. Since it isn't really a viable source without logging in and other internet technicalities I don't pretend to understand, it was drastically slowing down the import process.

Hopefully this will serve to help someone else in the future.

Jun 23, 2012 at 02:42 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password