Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · Rome, Italy photographer referral

pinktutu
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Rome, Italy photographer referral

The hubs and I are planning on going to Rome for our big ten-oh this October.
I want to have some portraits taken but I'm not wowed by the search results on google.
Would love some referrals of photographers who are local or nearby whose works you like. Alternative ideas are also welcome!
When we got married we were kind of fresh out of boot camp and had to request permission from the chain of command to go to the courthouse with 3 of our classmates as witnesses. We have no real photos, so this year I'm determined to have amazing ones.
Thanks In advance

Jun 20, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Rome, Italy photographer referral

We're doing the same thing for our 5 year this week. Good luck!

We couldn't find anyone local that we really liked, so for ours we're flying someone in...

Jun 20, 2012 at 12:07 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Rome, Italy photographer referral

pinktutu wrote:
I want to have some portraits taken but I'm not wowed by the search results on google.
Would love some referrals of photographers who are local or nearby whose works you like. Alternative ideas are also welcome!
When we got married we were kind of fresh out of boot camp and had to request permission from the chain of command to go to the courthouse with 3 of our classmates as witnesses. We have no real photos, so this year I'm determined to have amazing ones.
Thanks In
...Show more

i'd hire albert pocej: http://www.pocej.com/en

he posted these sets here on FM:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1106014/0#10555652

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1096760/0#10460488

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1094964/0#10442005

Jun 20, 2012 at 12:15 PM
xisidoro

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Rome, Italy photographer referral

Hi, you can find someone here

http://www.anfm.it/fotografi_matrimonio_ita.asp?regione=lazio&Submit=Cerca+fotografo

It's the italian association for wedding photographers, all qualified people.

You can extend the search to other region nearby Lazio as Toscana or Campania ( Davi Bastianoni for example is based in tuscany)

Jun 20, 2012 at 04:00 PM
lisy78
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Rome, Italy photographer referral

Whether you like his work or not is obviously up to you, but I can personally vouch for

http://www.raffaeleauriti.it/

Raffaele has been a personal (you know, not just online) friend of mine for over 20 years... he has about that much experience photographing weddings and whatnot, is a genuinely nice guy and would most definitely deliver on the stereotypical "italian" experience you might expect .

That said, if you like my work: http://www.disciascio.com I'm from Italy, speak Italian better than i speak english, know Rome very well, would provide you with the peace of mind of working with a U.S. based photographer... with all that goes with it in terms of contracts, payments ... ability to sue me if I didn't deliver (I will deliver ) and would gladly host you for a couple of days in our 400 year old home in a medieval town in Abruzzo (2 hrs from Rome) for a more in-depth-experience if your travels allowed.

Just throwing it out there.

Ciao!

Alessandro

Jun 20, 2012 at 04:19 PM
ai3x
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Rome, Italy photographer referral

If you want to fly someone in I'm around! Whether I'm any good or not I'll let you judge... Flights from the UK are cheap (~$200) and all us UKers won't have any visa issues.

Jun 20, 2012 at 06:06 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Rome, Italy photographer referral

I'm a frequent patron of the Olive Garden, so I'd say I'm your guy.

Jun 20, 2012 at 06:15 PM
MarcAnthony
• • •
[X]
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Rome, Italy photographer referral

I watch the Jersey Shore a lot so I'm in.

Jun 20, 2012 at 06:29 PM
Ghost
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Rome, Italy photographer referral

Well in that case.... I used to ride a Vespa when it was still considered dorky and slow.

Jun 20, 2012 at 06:37 PM
gabemc
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Rome, Italy photographer referral

so i love italy and if you asked nice i'd consider going back

www.blog.perspectiveye.com

Jun 20, 2012 at 08:17 PM
pinktutu
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Rome, Italy photographer referral

Thanks for all the help, guys. I'm going to go check out these links.
And for all of you who stepped up and volunteered yourselves, I will definitely keep y'all in mind if we expand our search. Also, you guys raised some very interesting points about shooting overseas vs local that I had not thought about.

Jun 20, 2012 at 09:02 PM
DavidCZ
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Rome, Italy photographer referral

I would love to shoot in Rome, Italy someday.

But not this year (fully booked already.) Hopefully some time next year

Jun 20, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Fedecs

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Rome, Italy photographer referral

Hi!!!!!
I'm italian photographer....
My site www.federicovalenzano.com

Other photographers:

Cristiano Ostinelli, Carlo Carletti, Edoardo Agresti, Marco Miglianti, Independent Pictures (My favorite), Andrea Corsi, Luigi Rota, Mauro Pozzer, David Bastianoni, Franco Milani....

Jun 21, 2012 at 06:14 AM
ted nghiem

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Rome, Italy photographer referral

pinktutu wrote:
Thanks In
...Show more

check out www.fearlessphotographers.com. There are a bunch of sweet photographers based in Rome.

Jun 21, 2012 at 07:39 AM
mcarriere987
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Rome, Italy photographer referral

I wouldn't even think twice. hire albert pocej: http://www.pocej.com. END OF STORY.

You'd have to fly him in from Lithuania, but who cares.

Jun 21, 2012 at 07:41 AM
Marcus Watts
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Rome, Italy photographer referral

mcarriere987 wrote:
I wouldn't even think twice. hire albert pocej: http://www.pocej.com. END OF STORY.

You'd have to fly him in from Lithuania, but who cares.

I was just about to suggest him as well.

Jun 21, 2012 at 07:53 AM
lisy78
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Rome, Italy photographer referral

I find it rather humorous that on a continent with hundreds of millions of people and an enormous talent pool of photographers with varying styles... three peeps suggested the same one guy, from a totally different country, to shoot a couple's session in Rome... and picked a guy that does work I personally really dig (especially the family stuff) but that is for sure a very specific niche.... without any initial suggestion from the OP that that specific style is what she's after

I guess it goes to show that while we're on the wide-open internets and potentially draw from a pool of billions of people... at the end of the day we're like the kids who hang out outside of high school who all know the same (small) group of kids and aren't aware of just how small of a pool of people they're drawing from

I guess it shouldn't be surprising, but it is rather humorous

Don't believe me?

Try this:

I'm getting married on the west coast... either in California or Washington State. Think of three photographers I should consider.

How many didn't put Hassas, Sergio and Pingol as any of the three names?

Now consider that I never said what kind of photography I'm into.

P.S. For the record... the next time I'm in Italy on vacation with my family I will probably contact Albert and find out what it would cost to have an "in the home" session done... and probably try to bribe him with offers of a place to stay in italy... some epic Italian food (I didn't hook my wife with my good looks) and some hard cash... so I'm totally not knocking the suggestion... it's just incredibly weird in a way.

P.P.S. Screw Albert... I'll probably just call Chuck... trade some babysitting services and a room for him and the fam... and I'll be set

Jun 21, 2012 at 08:35 AM
tobiah
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Rome, Italy photographer referral

We'd love to shoot you guys. We're in the uk Sp not too far! Flights are cheap

Jun 21, 2012 at 05:29 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Rome, Italy photographer referral

lisy78 wrote:
P.P.S. Screw Albert... I'll probably just call Chuck... trade some babysitting services and a room for him and the fam... and I'll be set

i like this version best.

Jun 21, 2012 at 06:27 PM
pinktutu
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Rome, Italy photographer referral

There are so many awesome photographers in this thread! I am really looking forward to sitting down with the hubster and going through everyone's portfolio when he gets back in a month.

Thank you guys again for all the options!

Lisy, i've always felt that every board has a certain collective aesthetic or sense of aesthetic, so I'm not surprised that the same names/referrals crop up. That's a big reason why I decided to post here when my googling was not working out, being a big fan of yall's works and all.

Jun 21, 2012 at 11:15 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.