1       2       3              6      
       end

Archive 2012 · The Knot "Don't feed vendors"

andy_king
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #1 · p.7 #1 · The Knot "Don't feed vendors"

MattSepeta wrote:
Most times the B/G seek me out and make me sit down to eat! Then again, I am the kind of person that can run full steam for a 14 hour day with only a bagel in the morning. Thew few times I have not gotten a meal the B/G apologized left and right, and I ordered a pizza on my way home

Anyways, no one is obligated to feed us. I know it is different to a degree, but when I'm on an all day commercial shoot I certainly don't expect to be fed by the clients.

Also, the
...Show more

Disagree. Working for 14 hours a day with a bagel is unhealthy. I rather work and eat healthy, no amount of money is equal to bad health down the line. From where I live, employees have a right to be given a 15 minute break during a shift less than 5 hours, more than 5 hours is a 30 minute lunch break and a 15.

I do wedding photography because I enjoy it, but I'm definitely not going to do it if it affects my health or diet in any way. I'll eat when I need to.

Jun 27, 2012 at 11:00 PM
marti.g3
• • • •
[X]
p.7 #2 · p.7 #2 · The Knot "Don't feed vendors"

Last nights wedding.......we started at 10am.....it's now 9pm....we stopped at McDonalds before hitting the reception.........bride has "promised" to feed us....yuch yuch......

10 piece band has their gear all set up when we arrived.....they aren't even in the building....one hour into the reception they show up, proceed to sit down, and are served Lobster and Steak like everyone else.........hadn't played a note yet....

Jul 01, 2012 at 11:47 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.7 #3 · p.7 #3 · The Knot "Don't feed vendors"

marti.g3 wrote:
Last nights wedding.......we started at 10am.....it's now 9pm....we stopped at McDonalds before hitting the reception.........bride has "promised" to feed us.

So did the client end up providing you a meal at this one?

Jul 01, 2012 at 12:35 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.7 #4 · p.7 #4 · The Knot "Don't feed vendors"

tobicus wrote:
In our most recent wedding, the bride and groom went as far as providing us with namecards and table reservations.

That's exactly what I had at yesterday's wedding! Ate a fat steak sitting right in with the guests. And champagne for the toasts! I'll have to remember when it comes editing time to put in a bit of extra effort on this couple's pictures.

Jul 01, 2012 at 12:47 PM
marti.g3
• • • •
[X]
p.7 #5 · p.7 #5 · The Knot "Don't feed vendors"

D. Diggler wrote:
So did the client end up providing you a meal at this one?

We did end up having a meal brought to us in the separate bar section of the location AFTER everyone had eaten and the bride and groom were up and moving around. We enjoyed our meal, then went back to work. It was after 9pm.

Jul 01, 2012 at 01:02 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.