Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Thinking of getting an iMac ...

Bert DeMars
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Thinking of getting an iMac ...

Thinking of going for an iMac now instead of waiting for a possible upgrade in 2013. Iíve heard rumors that future laptops will be sans cd/dvd drive or SD slot, encouraging users to use the Cloud. Rumors fly about Apple eventually going to all laptops. Donít know what the limits of screen size is using Retina display, given the cost, but a 27Ē Retina display iMac would be awesome. IF, it still had the side cd/dvd drive and SD card slots. Anyone heard anything.

If you own an iMac, please tell me what you think of it. Thanks.

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:42 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Thinking of getting an iMac ...

Love mine, wife surprised me with a 24" iMac for my 60th birthday 4 years ago...still truckin'

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:24 PM
borderlight
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Thinking of getting an iMac ...

I got an iMac 21" last year. It's great in so many ways. Before you buy now, the new "i" family of products will be available in September including the iMac with Retina display.

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Bert DeMars
• •
p.1 #4 · Thinking of getting an iMac ...

Thanks trenchmonkey and borderlight. Maybe I'll hold off until September, those Retina displays are amazing.

Jun 13, 2012 at 03:27 PM
saaketham
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Thinking of getting an iMac ...

I switched from Dell towers to an iMac G4, back in 2005, and never looked back. Since then, I had an iMac G5 and currently, I have a 20" iMac Intel Core2Duo and a 27" iMac i5 quad-core with 12 GB RAM, 1TB drive, etc. I love it.

Jun 13, 2012 at 04:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bert DeMars
• •
p.1 #6 · Thinking of getting an iMac ...

Gentlemen,
Considering the ever increasing file size of new cameras, what has been your experience with read speed for the SD slot, given you're using a fast read card. thanks
Bert

Jun 13, 2012 at 07:31 PM
Lotuselite
• •
p.1 #7 · Thinking of getting an iMac ...

Before you buy now, the new "i" family of products will be available in September including the iMac with Retina display.

How sure are you about the iMac with retina display?
Macrumors seem to think it may not happen. A least not with this upgrade.

Jul 02, 2012 at 02:24 AM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #8 · Thinking of getting an iMac ...

How sure are you about the iMac with retina display?
Macrumors seem to think it may not happen. A least not with this upgrade.

It's all rumors until it happens. Maybe you shouldn't be waiting for iGodot. My wife got a iPhone 4s with Siri (Lanka) and loves it. It's also her favorite robot and she enjoys chatting with it. Sorry AT&T & Verizon .... her menu has changed.

Jul 04, 2012 at 01:00 PM
tommy_sauber

p.1 #9 · Thinking of getting an iMac ...

You definitely can not go wrong with any Apple products, especially not with the iMac. But I also suggest to wait until September. I have heard that they are not going to further develop the Power Mac, but there will be upgrades on the iMac side!

Jul 06, 2012 at 08:51 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password