Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Epson 3800 paper feed problem

DL Cunningham
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Epson 3800 paper feed problem

I have a 3800 that is around 4 y.o. that I'm now having some trouble with and not sure what to do about it.

It has performed flawlessly for my part-time sports photography biz the past few years, but will no longer feed any paper at all.

I've pretty much used Epson Luster paper exclusively. Mostly 8.5x11, 11x17 and some 17x22 through the Auto Sheet Feeder. Same problem no matter which size I use.

The paper feed action appears to be operating as it should, but seems to only rub and not grab the paper. Rub marks are visible on the top page.

I've tried everything I can find online including cleaning the rubber feed rollers with alcohol and everything else I can that would be obvious, to no avail.

Short of sending it off for repair...any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Donnie

Jun 12, 2012 at 03:51 AM
Drew Hendrix

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Epson 3800 paper feed problem

The last ditch before replacing that part is to try rubber rejuvanator like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Max-Professional-2145-Rubber-Rejuvenator/dp/B00363M0TC

Follow the instructions for application then run about ten sheets of plain paper through to clean off the excess.

It still may not work if the rubber roller has been worn down so much it no longer effectively contacts the paper.

Jun 12, 2012 at 06:23 PM
Cphoto1954
• • •
p.1 #3 · Epson 3800 paper feed problem

Try Drews suggestion but you should be able to use the straight thru paper feed option throught the back of printer.

Good Luck!

Mar 22, 2013 at 06:54 PM
scalawag
• •
p.1 #4 · Epson 3800 paper feed problem

I have a 2880 printer,i don't know if what I do will work for you or not, I have discovered, thatby taking a micro fiber towling (auto) get down in the rt hand
corner on the rounded rubber (grabber)? thing and rub it down good.
that's what I do when mine balks on taking paper... Scalawag

Apr 14, 2013 at 07:40 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password