1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · Hiking Bag.

PeakPhoto
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Hiking Bag.

PeaktoPeek wrote:
One thing I will add is that if you are taller than average, the F-stop harness may not adjust enough to fit correctly. That was the sole reason I purchased the Clik Elite Nature -- plenty of adjustment to fit my 6'6" frame. Overall it has been the best backpack for dayhikes that I've owned and the most comfortable.

What f-stop bag did you try? I have the Tilopa BC and I'm 6'5 and built like the college offensive lineman that I am.... and it actually fits me quite nice. It doesn't look quite right for some reason, but it fits right (weird I know).

Apr 28, 2013 at 03:52 PM
PeaktoPeek
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Hiking Bag.

I actually called F-stop to see what the numbers on their bags were -- I can't remember which bag, but it was one of the 2 popular-- and the max measurement they gave me for top of the shoulder/top of the hip was about 2 inches short of where I heeded it to be. Its been awhile but it was something like 34 inches. I knew that I need at least 36 inches and I called up Cllik Elite and they actually hand measured the bag I was looking for and it was over 36" at max adjustment -- so I went with them. Plus, the bag was in stock. I have a fairly longish torso for a 6'6" guy, I'm definitely not all legs, so it might depend some on your leg to torso ratio as well. After learning how important the hip belt is to reducing the load on my shoulders (thank you backpacking) I pay a lot more attention to how it fits in the waist.

Apr 30, 2013 at 01:13 AM
PeakPhoto
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Hiking Bag.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I know know what you're talking about PeaktoPeek. It seemed fine at first, but now that I've been taking mine on hikes I'm realizing it has trouble displacing weight off of my shoulders. I'm guessing this is because I'm a large guy like yourself. So I emailed fstop to see if there is anything I can do to return it (I'm past my deadline for returns). So I'm waiting a reply from them.

I'll probably write up an extensive review of the F-stop bag at some point. Everything is so perfect, but it destroyed my shoulders on only a three mile hike.

I just spent a week down in Costa Rica with Kelty backpacks. They were launching a new backpack and sent me a copy. Surprisingly I converted it with ease using my F-stop ICU and it worked just as well as my F-stop bag but displaced weight better. I'm actually going to buy one of their nice backpacking packs and I have a friend who is a seamstress and she is going to help me convert it fully to a photography pack.

May 29, 2013 at 04:38 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.