Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Latest Photography News | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 announced!

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 announced!

Sony’s newly announced DSC-RX100 is a unique compact camera in design and performance. While it takes on the demeanor of a small, simple-to-use camera, it also provides a great deal of appeal for even the professional photographer.
This camera’s control range includes modes that will provide auto exposure and scene-recognition tactics, or you can be left entirely on your own when working in its full manual mode.
Beneath the sleek design is an impressive 1.0-inch 20.2MP sensor for outstanding image quality, and an incredibly fast Zeiss f/1.8 lens for low-light shooting and greater control over selective-focus applications.
Here are the product highlights:
  • 20.2MP 1" Exmor CMOS Low-Light Sensor
  • Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T Lens
  • Xtra Fine 3" LCD Display with WhiteMagic
  • Optical 3.6x Zoom & Digital 7.2x Zoom
  • Optical & Electronic Image Stabilization
  • Full HD 1080/60p Video Capture
  • Ultra-Fast 0.13 Sec High-Speed AF
  • Face Detection & 10 fps Burst Mode
  • Record Stills Using JPEG, RAW, or Both
  • Aluminum Body with Built-In Pop Up Flash
You may pre-order the new Sony DSC-RX100 Digital Camera from B&H Photo.

Edited on Jun 22, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Jun 06, 2012 at 12:03 AM
DonM2
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 announced!

This new Sony DSC-RX100 has impressive potential for a P&S cam.

However, all the above with great sensor and focus speed & accuracy doesn't mean a thing to me without a stellar short shutter delay!!!!

The absurd shutter delay in all P&S cams in my experience has been the biggest 'turn-off' and deal breaker in that genre for me!!

I cannot find any spec for this metric in this camera in all the verbiage I've seen.

DonM

Jun 06, 2012 at 03:51 PM
Andrew222

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 announced!

...Canon MUST respond or they will lose their S90/S95/S100 base. Simply put: people who reads these boards will pay big dollars for the truly pocketable digicam that shoots RAW, lets in a lot of light, and has the biggest sensor possible.

(Emphasis on fits in a pocket is intentional.)

This new Sony appears to win...and win big.

Jun 07, 2012 at 01:54 PM
markd61
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 announced!

DonM2 wrote:
This new Sony DSC-RX100 has impressive potential for a P&S cam.

However, all the above with great sensor and focus speed & accuracy doesn't mean a thing to me without a stellar short shutter delay!!!!

The absurd shutter delay in all P&S cams in my experience has been the biggest 'turn-off' and deal breaker in that genre for me!!

I cannot find any spec for this metric in this camera in all the verbiage I've seen.

DonM

+10

I am mystified why the public has put up with this for so long. I can only imagine that for the vast majority a P&S (read POS) camera was their first camera and they don't know better.

The same goes double for viewfinders.

Jun 10, 2012 at 12:20 PM

FM Forums | Latest Photography News | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.