Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Timing of Puffin tour - Late July OK?

Tim Brooks
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Timing of Puffin tour - Late July OK?

I'm looking at doing a Puffin Tour with Bold Coast Charters out of Camden, ME. The only dates that are available are in the last week of July and first week of Aug. Are those dates too late or would I be OK. Would I be limited to puffins or would there be other bird species about?
Thanks, Tim

Jun 05, 2012 at 04:11 PM
L Yonce

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Timing of Puffin tour - Late July OK?

Tim,

First let me say the tour is out of Cutler, Maine not Camden. Several hours apart. The last week of July and the first week of August should be fine. The birds are gone by the middle of August. In fact , I'm booked on the last Friday in July.

I went earlier last year, June 30th and July 15th. On the 15th the birds just started to have food in their mouths. By late July and early August they will be feeding the little ones full time.

Here is a link to some of the shots from last year:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1023416/0#9724184

Send me a PM if you need more info.

Luther

Jun 05, 2012 at 05:54 PM
Tim Brooks
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Timing of Puffin tour - Late July OK?

Hey thanks Luther. You've got some really nice puffin shots....Yeah Cutler is further up the coast. I was planning on visiting Cape Breton, Nova Scotia in Sept. but it looks like maybe I should do NS after the puffin shoot. Is NS crowded in early Aug My guess it might be.

Jun 05, 2012 at 06:50 PM
L Yonce

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Timing of Puffin tour - Late July OK?

I really can't comment.
I've never been across the "Pond" to NS. I can say the Maine tourist traffic disappears like someone turned off a switch after Labor Day weekend. That's when us Mainers have the state back to ourselves.

Jun 05, 2012 at 07:18 PM
Tim Brooks
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Timing of Puffin tour - Late July OK?

Reminds me of the "Glad to see you come, Glad to see you go" banners you see on Cape Cod. After Labor Day the Cape folks have their peace and quiet for a few months.

Jun 05, 2012 at 07:50 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.