Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Who inspires you?

samwise
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Who inspires you?

Hi all, I am a long time lurker of the wildlife forum here, particularily for the bird photos

There are so many amazing photographers who contribute to this forum, and it seems like probably some of the best out there do!

So my question is, who's work is YOUR #1 inspiration for wildlife photography?

Jun 05, 2012 at 12:53 AM
DonGut
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Who inspires you?

Myself of course! Kidding. There are so many great photographers here with different techniques and focus that it is impossible to pick one. I can think of at least 15 incredible photographers on this forum; anyone of which can give you great ideas and lessons. And they are all willing to share their expertise. Most are self taught. These guys are the best. Don

Jun 05, 2012 at 01:05 AM
eyelaser
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Who inspires you?

I second Don's comments. The public demonstrations of skill are quite evident...the lessons taught privately are too many to mention and are humbly received by me with great thanks. This is a unique forum from my experience. There is great civility and almost all are not above helping their fellow photographer improve.

Eric

Jun 05, 2012 at 02:14 AM
Thang
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Who inspires you?

ohhh come on guys...let's throw out some names...those that immediate come to mind who are constantly willing to give constructive comments and advices here are (not in any particular order) - Karl Witt, Tim Kuhn, Conrad Tan, Shasoc...I am sure I have missed a few but these are the ones who have contributed tons to this forum (almost on daily basis)!!! And their works are so inspired too.

Edited on Jun 05, 2012 at 02:43 AM · View previous versions

Jun 05, 2012 at 02:42 AM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Who inspires you?

I'll throw a name out. Eric Hosking. I was enamored with his bird photography decades ago. Now I know how frigging hard it really is, and he worked with film! On the forum, there are so many really talented and giving individuals. As mentioned above, if you ask for help, they will.

Jun 05, 2012 at 02:42 AM
sritri
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Who inspires you?

Almost every one
but I cannot work without Larry Williams for BE, Pelicans;
Petkal for Pigeons & Gull;
drool on closeups by Tony (Imagemaster)
Snail Kites & Waxwings Conrad,
Sandies - Monkey
Egrets & Dragons ; Roberta (Birdied)..................to name a few

Jun 05, 2012 at 04:40 AM
Callisto
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Who inspires you?

I feel like the mother with 23 children being asked to pick one. So many here absolutely send me. I love browsing the shots presented here knowing that I am in the company of giants - what's amazing is those giants are very willing bend down and give good advice to all that seek it. Thanks, guys and girls.- RC

Jun 05, 2012 at 05:57 AM
Shiva dancing
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Who inspires you?

I second the comments above by sritri & Callisto - Larry, Peter, Tony, Conrad, Monkey, and Roberta are all favorites whose work I always look forward to. Absolutely wonderful photographers all.

Jun 05, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Who inspires you?

You guys are too much. I've been miscategorized here! I tell you I'm just lucky

Jun 05, 2012 at 09:37 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Who inspires you?

I won't pick out a single name because anyone that takes a great photo inspires me.

Jun 05, 2012 at 09:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Who inspires you?

My favorite images are from Tim K and Tim F, Tony M, Karl W, Anthony W, Jody M, Tom S, Raymond B, Eric G, Kirk B, Socrate, Herb H, Hide T, Ted E, Larry W, Arash A, Henrik N, to name a few from our little Forum!

But also, I love to see photos that are being created by folks who are getting better and better with every post. Those are the ones I really enjoy seeing.

Like Ant-man's pictures for example, they have come a long way. Still got a long way to go, but they've come a long way

Jun 05, 2012 at 10:36 PM
timgriffin
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Who inspires you?

I have to say that I've been helped by several posters here - Karl W, Tim F, Tim K and Ant have all been very generous and helpful with their comments as have countless others.
I've see the metamorphosis of Conrad from a guy with similar skills to mine into one of the top posters image-wise and also in his willingness to help others. My skills have not progressed like Conrad's I have to admit, but I do love trying - he gives me an example on how dedication and persistence can pay off

Jun 05, 2012 at 11:02 PM
jcw1982
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Who inspires you?

Jim Brandenburg

Jun 05, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Who inspires you?

timgriffin wrote:
I have to say that I've been helped by several posters here - Karl W, Tim F, Tim K and Ant have all been very generous and helpful with their comments as have countless others.
I've see the metamorphosis of Conrad from a guy with similar skills to mine into one of the top posters image-wise and also in his willingness to help others. My skills have not progressed like Conrad's I have to admit, but I do love trying - he gives me an example on how dedication and persistence can pay off

I'm telling ya Tim, I'm just lucky!

Love to give back to the forum that's given me so much

Jun 05, 2012 at 11:10 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Who inspires you?

Iíve been inspired by many photographers over the years and the crowd on this site is very special. Iíve met some of the top photographers in the world and had the pleasure of shooting with some of them. Calling out a single name is simply not fare to the wonderful people that have inspired me. These artists inspired me:

- My dad Gerald Altman, graphic artist and comic artist. He taught me composition, contrast and color and taught me to think outside the box. Dad also gave me my first camera and helped me build my first darkroom.
- Richard Dunum, my theater lighting instructor and mentor. Richard introduced me to painting with light and also to go with my gut. He helped me discount the comments of traditional lighting designers as I explored the unusual.
- Norman Rockwell, illustrator. Rockwell takes photos with oil paint. I love his use of contrast, color, light and shadow. He is a master of portraying a moment.

Take a look at this image:

You will see all of what Iíve just talked about with the exception of going outside the box. For that I present night flight:

Morris

Jun 06, 2012 at 01:56 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Who inspires you?

Now this is inspiring

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=gXDMoiEkyuQ&vq=medium

How about more chiming in?

Morris

Jun 08, 2012 at 02:25 AM
Benzzene
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Who inspires you?

Any one who posts a photo on this forum...everyone has an eye for what they see and everyone's different. Benzzene

Jun 08, 2012 at 02:53 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Who inspires you?

First , I am very touched that my name was even mentioned in the same sentence as the rest of you . Thank you.

There is not one person on this forum who does not inspire me . Each brings their own unique vision, passion and view.

I will always be grateful for the beautiful images posted and to those who go the extra mile and teach and help.

Birdie

Jun 08, 2012 at 03:11 AM
eyelaser
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Who inspires you?

Thank you for sharing that Morris...every day I treat people who verbalize how much they cherish their sight or fear losing it...but it is our insight that allows us to cultivate experiences and grow. There is so much all around us; seeing is not nearly enough...as Robin Williams expressed in "Dead Poets Society"....Carpe Diem...seize the day...it is unique and the only one of its kind we will ever have.
Eric

Jun 08, 2012 at 03:16 AM
samwise
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Who inspires you?

thanks guys, great stuff here! my fav is speedmaster20d's BIF photos, very beautiful!
www.ari1982.smugmug.com

Jun 08, 2012 at 03:45 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password