Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · April Showers IV

KZEE

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · April Showers IV

Some flowers from around the area.

Canon D30/Nikon 50mm f1.8 AI

Some of the images that I've posted here to the site have looked blurry on my monitor, so if these images look blurry to anyone please tell me and I'll try to get it corrected.

Jun 04, 2012 at 11:05 AM
pinball_pw
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · April Showers IV

You may want to post on the nature forum. The first two suffer from not have a focal point. The last has one in the flowers in the middle. Placing the flowers elsewhere in the frame or cropping them differently might improve the image. Check out "Rule of thirds". Also, the reds here are over saturated and you have lost detail there. Hope this helps provides some thoughts to work on. - Paul

Jun 04, 2012 at 11:13 AM
TripleYYY
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · April Showers IV

Actually you are allowed to post flowers here as they are part of the landscape.

These look pretty clear. I have the same problem with soft or blurry photos sometimes when posting photos here. For me it seems worse on the nature forum, but I am not sure why.

Thanks for sharing your photos.

Y

Jun 04, 2012 at 11:33 AM
KZEE

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · April Showers IV

pinball_pw wrote:
You may want to post on the nature forum.

I thought this was the nature forum??

pinball_pw wrote:
The first two suffer from not have a focal point. The last has one in the flowers in the middle. Placing the flowers elsewhere in the frame or cropping them differently might improve the image. Check out "Rule of thirds". Also, the reds here are over saturated and you have lost detail there. Hope this helps provides some thoughts to work on. - Paul

I personally prefer having the subject matter in the middle, and for that reason I avoid the rule of thirds... to me it's constricting and screams technique. But you say tomato and I say tomahto, and there's room for both viewpoints, no?

Point well taken about the oversaturation... I've just recently begun working with Canon's DPP processor, and I'm still learning how much color my images do and do not need with that particular processor. I'll tone it down a bit in the future.

Thank you for your comments... I appreciate it.

Jun 04, 2012 at 07:06 PM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · April Showers IV

Last one for me!

Jun 05, 2012 at 01:35 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · April Showers IV

TripleYYY wrote:
Actually you are allowed to post flowers here as they are part of the landscape.

For those who wonder what the actual policies might be on this, it is perhaps better to consult them (links at top of main forum page) or ask the moderators rather than one poster... who has had some "issues" regarding what content is appropriate to the forum in the recent past.

Just sayin'...

Dan

Jun 05, 2012 at 05:14 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · April Showers IV

open mouth, insert foot .. the last one for me also

Jun 05, 2012 at 05:39 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · April Showers IV

Nice shots. The last one for me.

Birdie

Jun 05, 2012 at 07:26 PM
KZEE

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · April Showers IV

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Jun 05, 2012 at 08:18 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.