Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · #504 In desperate need of some paint ...

TheBart

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #504 In desperate need of some paint ...

Hi. Until few weeks ago I was happy with a manual to my Nikon and hit/miss strategy for taking photos. Recently I've started to work with a guy who is passionate about photography and he told me about FM site. I must say the quality of photos here is intimidating but finally, after being passive observer I decided to post my first photo for WA and open up for your comments and an advise. Thanks a lot for a great source of knowledge.

As per the photo, didn't have to go far. This is the project waiting for me and you really don't want to see the whole doors

In desperate need of some paint ...

Jun 04, 2012 at 03:09 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #504 In desperate need of some paint ...

I think you nailed this, I like that the doorknob was included but OOF, the peeling paint is not only great texture, but almost adds depth to the image for me. Great first entry, welcome to the WA!

Jun 04, 2012 at 11:23 AM
ESC in KC
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #504 In desperate need of some paint ...

Agree with Travis - you did a nice job on the depth of field. I also like the angle you chose. Looks like you've got your work cut out for you!

And welcome to the WAs - I used to play here a lot a few years ago and learned a TON from the excellent photographers that hang out here. This is my first time back in quite a while. I can see the quality of photogs remains very strong.

Jun 04, 2012 at 12:34 PM
TheBart

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #504 In desperate need of some paint ...

Thanks a lot for your kind words. I will try my best to participate regularly.

Jun 04, 2012 at 01:54 PM
mark fadely
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #504 In desperate need of some paint ...

Welcome, and don't be bashful. We all learn from each other here in an atomosphere of positive critique. I like your shot and it is tons better than the stuff I first submitted. The cool thing about the assignments is they get you to try new stuff that develops your creativity, which in turn affects your overall photography in a good way. Hope you have fun in here.

Jun 04, 2012 at 06:19 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

TheBart

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #504 In desperate need of some paint ...

Thanks Mark. I've noticed more seasoned FM members are always very patient and supportive, which is very encouraging for newcomers to give it a shot.

Btw you are approaching a very dangerous number of posts 6666

Jun 04, 2012 at 07:14 PM
Oregon Gal
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #504 In desperate need of some paint ...

Really nice 1st entry for the WA and welcome. The slight angle of the door really makes it for me.

Jun 05, 2012 at 03:55 AM
TheBart

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #504 In desperate need of some paint ...

Thanks a lot. I have to get deep on my knees, as wanted to get the knob in the frame

Jun 05, 2012 at 05:40 PM
James Markus
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #504 In desperate need of some paint ...

Way to go Adam!

Jun 06, 2012 at 01:03 AM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password