Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Beware of dealing with ProDPI (photo printing company)

Don Clary
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Beware of dealing with ProDPI (photo printing company)

Here is a dispute I filed with Visa, concerning ProDPI, a photo printing company:

I received a 15% off offer for a purchase of printing services. I would have not placed this order, without this promised discount.

Later I checked to see if the promised discount had been applied. ProDPI replied that I made the unforgivable error of not clicking the promo code. They were saying that the effort of them clicking their computer mouse, was more effort than they could handle. In sales terms, this is known as bait and switch.

I informed them, that if they did not apply the 15% correction, I would find another photo printer. The owner of the company, not an employee, refused. So I did what any other customer would do: pay what I owe, and no more than I owe, take my wallet and walk out the door.

Visa did not argue in any way with me, when I refused to pay the 15% difference. I suspect that this was not the first complaint they had with this company. So the owner of this company did not make a penny from me on this transaction, by being a complete asshole, and forever lost any opportunity of doing more business with me.

Small businesses like ProDPI stay in business by being flexible and listening to their customers. If they demonstrate inflexibility, disdain and total arrogance toward their customers, the competitive market will take care of that kind of attitude.

Jun 02, 2012 at 01:07 AM
Ben Horne
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Beware of dealing with ProDPI (photo printing company)

It seems a bit odd how you escalated it so fast. I'm sure they have a side to this story. In my experience, people are quite accommodating when approached properly. However, I have dealt with many people who seem like they want to pick a fight rather than work cooperatively. I have not dealt with this company, but I am always quite weary of such posts where people vilify companies in such black and white terms.

Jun 02, 2012 at 01:16 AM
Don Clary
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Beware of dealing with ProDPI (photo printing company)

Like Sgt Friday on Dragnet "Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts". I have copies of the emails from ProDPI, and I have the letter from Visa supporting my dispute.

Jun 02, 2012 at 01:21 AM
ProDPI

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Beware of dealing with ProDPI (photo printing company)

Hello Don,

My name is Jeff, my wife and I own and operate ProDPI. While I always appreciate feedback whether good or bad, I woud like to take the time to look into your case and see how our team handled your situation. When you get a chance please email or DM your account number or studio name so that I can go through our tickets and system to look over everything. With all of our promos we do require a promo code be entree at time of ordering and we have tried very hard to enforce this to make it fair for those who enter the code. This policy does however have some room in it, and strangely my wife and I don't have record of seeing your case, this is why I would like to look into it further.

I appreciate your feedback, and also your business. You are more than welcome to take your business where ever you would like, however we hope you enjoy our quality and we will surely miss you as a customer.

-Jeff

Jun 02, 2012 at 01:42 AM
lukeb
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Beware of dealing with ProDPI (photo printing company)

Seems to me that if a promo code is required, and you don't enter it - you don't get your discount.

Jun 02, 2012 at 01:54 AM
Don Clary
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Beware of dealing with ProDPI (photo printing company)

Email sent to Jeff today with P.O. number, Company name, date, and supporting emails attached.

Jun 02, 2012 at 02:44 AM
ProDPI

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Beware of dealing with ProDPI (photo printing company)

I haven't see anything yet just wanted Confirm my email address. Jeff at ProDPI.com

Jun 02, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Don Clary
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Beware of dealing with ProDPI (photo printing company)

Sent again to jeff@prodpi.com.

Jun 02, 2012 at 04:13 PM
gheller
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Beware of dealing with ProDPI (photo printing company)

So YOU didn't follow the rules, now you black ball the company on a public forum?

Nice, real nice...

Jun 03, 2012 at 05:14 AM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Beware of dealing with ProDPI (photo printing company)

by being a complete asshole

Really? Kettle, meet Pot.

Jun 03, 2012 at 05:24 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Beni
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Beware of dealing with ProDPI (photo printing company)

gheller wrote:
So YOU didn't follow the rules, now you black ball the company on a public forum?

Nice, real nice...

I would agree with that.

Jun 03, 2012 at 03:03 PM
BostonGreg
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Beware of dealing with ProDPI (photo printing company)

Wow, this douche doesn't enter his "coupon code" so he cries about it, disputes the charge and attacks this company on our forum. Its obvious this guy is a real loser, seems miserable. PRO DPI, you don't want this uncle bobby's business, don't give this seedy tinpot anything. Man, I just can't stand people like this.

Jul 20, 2012 at 11:40 PM
philhill

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Beware of dealing with ProDPI (photo printing company)

Don Clary wrote:
Later I checked to see if the promised discount had been applied.

Later? Why not at the time of placing the order?

Iím not aware of any company that would retroactively apply a promo code that the user neglected to submit.

If youíre satisfied with the quality of their work, why not simply use the code on your next purchase?

Jul 21, 2012 at 07:48 AM
Daboyle
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Beware of dealing with ProDPI (photo printing company)

I went to Kroger the other day and bought 100 bucks worth of groceries, but forgot to use my Kroger card. I could have saved 15 bucks!!! I talked to the manager later and he said that he couldn't help me out!!! Kroger is an absolutely horrible company and they shouldn't be allowed to operate because I failed to use my Kroger discount card!! I think I should go to my credit card company and file a complaint. My life is ruined because Kroger had a policy against giving discounts without a coupon code at time of purchase- I'm going to bad mouth them!!!!!!

Jul 23, 2012 at 09:01 PM
Daboyle
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Beware of dealing with ProDPI (photo printing company)

update - Kroger is checking into how to handle my situation after I reported the story to CNN and Fox News in regards to their policies and horrible customer service.

I am owed my $15!!! I deserve it and it is my right.

Jul 23, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Kenneth Farver
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Beware of dealing with ProDPI (photo printing company)

popping some popcorn and grabbing my chair, ha, ha.

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Daboyle
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Beware of dealing with ProDPI (photo printing company)

Haha I keed.... Sort of.

Jul 24, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Betacamman
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Beware of dealing with ProDPI (photo printing company)

I'm confused. Didn't OP say the owner refused to apply the code? Yet the owner is here asking to look at the case? Something's not adding up here.

Jul 24, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Peter Le
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Beware of dealing with ProDPI (photo printing company)

Time to let this thread die.......you people chiming in with your hatred is no better then the OP bashing this company.......let it die please !!

Jul 24, 2012 at 02:27 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password