Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Pricing. 1 event, photo + video, 2 people

ir0nma1den
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pricing. 1 event, photo + video, 2 people

So I landed this local event and they want both photo and video work done. It's from 2PM-9PM with a chance of an after party. I've never done anything like this before and don't know how to charge this.

I have all the gear for both me and my partner. Also if we do a good job, there is a good chance that more gigs would be going our way.

I'll probably have to rent a camera for the low light. I have 3 elinchrom heads and a battery pack and a bunch of modifiers. I also have 3 hotshoe flashes and a proffesional audio recording device.

Thoughts?

May 31, 2012 at 01:31 AM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pricing. 1 event, photo + video, 2 people

My event flat rate for one shooter is $150 / hr, min 3 hr. For the second shooter, it's an additional $100 / hr. I've never done video for a client, but all my friends who do video roll their editing time into what they charge to shoot on location, usually in the neighborhood of $200 / hr, min 3 hrs. Keep in kind video editing takes a heckuva lot longer to edit than stills...

Consider your COBD (rental, etc.) and what your competition might charge, if you have any in your area.

Hope that helps!

May 31, 2012 at 09:19 PM
cineski
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pricing. 1 event, photo + video, 2 people

Completely depends on your location. If it's a one time event with them I'd say you should be charging in the $200-$300 per hour range just for photography with a single photographer. For video $2-250 per hour. I'd say around $2800-3400 for the whole job. Do not bring up rental costs to them. From their point of view, you should have all tools necessary to get the job done.

Jun 02, 2012 at 02:13 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password