Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Two Bulls and a Grazing Scene

lycale
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Two Bulls and a Grazing Scene

I usually take and post flower shots--and many of you have helped me SO much in improving them. This time I am posting three animals photos, and again, I would appreciate your helpful instruction and comments. Thanks in advance.

May 22, 2012 at 11:39 PM
douter
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Two Bulls and a Grazing Scene

Lycale:
The first I think would have benefitted from a longer focal length to compress the background and bring the building further into perspective. Also it looks like the bovine's eyes are closed and the body looks flattened.
The second has a fringe around it that makes me think a little too much sharpening was done to it.
The third has the first horizon approx. in the center I would first do a little straightening of it (clockwise along the front treeline) and then crop some from the sky or the foreground depending upon what you are after. I would also back off on exposure about 2/3 stop for the greens (if you have a raw file).
Hope this helps.
Douglas

May 23, 2012 at 12:15 PM
lycale
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Two Bulls and a Grazing Scene

Thank you so much, douter. I really appreciate your advice and comments. That's how people learn!

Lynn

May 23, 2012 at 10:11 PM
tamik

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Two Bulls and a Grazing Scene

It looks like the first one has been photoshopped on the upper half of the cow, the eyes aren't lined up right. Also in the second one the trees on the left need to be smoothed out a bit.

May 24, 2012 at 01:38 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

anthony whitmo
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Two Bulls and a Grazing Scene

That second image just cracks me up

May 24, 2012 at 05:47 AM
lycale
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Two Bulls and a Grazing Scene

Again, I thank you for your comments. Both bull photos were photoshopped a lot. I had to use the healing brush content aware to remove the chain-linked fence separating me from the bull. (i was grateful for that fence.) Perhaps that produced the halo above the bull. I did not do anything to the eyes. That is how they were. I too think the expression on the bull's face in picture two is quite funny.
I will try to straighten the picture better and see what I can do about the trees. Maybe I can also use the clone tool to try to remove some of the halo. Again, I so much appreciate your advice and comments.

Lynn

May 25, 2012 at 03:57 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Two Bulls and a Grazing Scene

nice ones Lynn.. i would think that if he's a bull.. it's because the rubber band broke

May 25, 2012 at 10:52 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password