Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Flower Photo and Two Questions

lycale
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Flower Photo and Two Questions

I have no idea what these little flowers are. Are they azaleas or hydrangeas? Also, when taking a photo such as this, does the whole flower have to be sharp? Does it matter if some of the petals are blurred and not in clear focus? Does this photo work, or does the blurring totally spoil it?

Once again, thank you so much for your help and knowledge. I have learned so much on this forum, and I so much appreciate your kindness.

Lynn

http://lycale.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v50/p984980414-5.jpg

May 19, 2012 at 02:35 AM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Flower Photo and Two Questions

Looks like Verbena to me Lynn

The shot is nice the way you have it presented for me. Sharper foreground works well to grab and lock attention, eyes lift and drift back to the OOF area then bounce right back to the front.
No the foliage does not need to be sharp, may begin to add clutter in a shot like this. Easy here to appreciate the small delicate individual flowers and the wonderful pinks you have captured. Flower nicely fills the frame, a good composition I say!

Very likeable, you did well on this one IMO

Karl

May 19, 2012 at 03:02 AM
Rob Tillyer
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Flower Photo and Two Questions

I'm with Karl on this being a fine flower photo. I think it could even stand a little tighter crop? OOF doesn't bother me at all. Nice work.

Rob

May 19, 2012 at 03:14 AM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Flower Photo and Two Questions

Beautiful shot.

May 19, 2012 at 03:43 AM
David Leask
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Flower Photo and Two Questions

I can't help with the ID Lynn but I do like the image. Beautiful colours, well done.
David

May 19, 2012 at 08:54 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Flower Photo and Two Questions

Nice comp Lynn. I agree with Karl - try to get the front in focus to draw people in. Another thought would be to use focus stacking to increase dof ~ Ron

May 19, 2012 at 11:04 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Flower Photo and Two Questions

Very nice shot Lynn. It works very nicely !

Birdie

May 19, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Flower Photo and Two Questions

it's a lovely shot Lynn

May 19, 2012 at 12:33 PM
lycale
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Flower Photo and Two Questions

I thank all of you so much for your very kind comments. I also appreciate your suggestions and your pointing out to me that the whole flower doesn't have to be in sharp focus if the front is in sharp focus. Again, I thank you all so much! You are great instructors!

Lynn

May 19, 2012 at 03:05 PM
lycale
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Flower Photo and Two Questions

I thank all of you so much for your very kind comments. I also appreciate your suggestions and your pointing out to me that the whole flower doesn't have to be in sharp focus if the front is in sharp focus. Again, I thank you all so much! You are great instructors!

Lynn

lycale
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Flower Photo and Two Questions

Lynn

Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Flower Photo and Two Questions

The DOF works fine on this shot. You may want to apply some selective noise-reduction to the background to get rid of that gritty-looking noise:

May 19, 2012 at 03:18 PM
lycale
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Flower Photo and Two Questions

Thank you so much, Imagemaster, for your comment and for all the work you did. The photo is certainly improved. I need to get a good noise reduction program to use on my Mac. Any recommendation? Your posted photos are always exquisite!

Lynn

May 19, 2012 at 07:03 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Flower Photo and Two Questions

lycale wrote:
Thank you so much, Imagemaster, for your comment and for all the work you did. The photo is certainly improved. I need to get a good noise reduction program to use on my Mac. Any recommendation? Your posted photos are always exquisite!

Lynn

You're welcome. I would suggest Neat Image. They have a demo version here:

http://www.neatimage.com/mac/download.html

Tony

May 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password