Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Scottish Highlands HDR

redmonkee
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Scottish Highlands HDR

As I know from previous posts these won't be everyone's cup of tea but hey it'd be boring if we all liked the same thing

C&C as always much appreciated

1. Loch Leven

2. Loch Shiel

3. Tioram Castle

May 17, 2012 at 04:27 PM
pumaknight
• • •
p.1 #2 · Scottish Highlands HDR

First one SO YES!!
The others are very nice, almost ethereal but not quite working for me...beautiful comp and processing and I wish I could say more abotu why they dont work, but it is a instinctive reaction to the,...almost as if I was looking at a painting rather than a photo...

but again the first one.....YES!!!

May 17, 2012 at 04:31 PM
ront
• • •
p.1 #3 · Scottish Highlands HDR

I think that the HDR work has been overdone here. The colors are not real and they have a grayish color to them, IMHO. The first one is the best, but I would start over on all of these and not process them as much.

Ron

May 17, 2012 at 07:28 PM
parsons
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Scottish Highlands HDR

ive been watching your last couple of posts, with varying degrees of hdr treatment. as Jim noted sometime ago, generally you will find little love for this type of pp work not because we dont like it (if thatmakes sense) but because we as landscape photograhers always try and capture the scene as we saw it, with obviously a little interpretation.
somebody mentioned tony`s masks but i feel that would be a somewhat extreme place to start learning the blending of images. i would suggest something a bit easier :http://sussexlandscapephotography.co.uk/basic_exposure_blending.html

I like your comps, and i really want to help you get better images. hopefully this will help you on your journey.

simon

May 17, 2012 at 07:47 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password