FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5      
       end

Archive 2012 · Nikon F3 vs Olympus OM2 - 50mm F1.4

FlyPenFly
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #1 · p.6 #1 · Nikon F3 vs Olympus OM2 - 50mm F1.4

Focus isn't SNapping into place for me even with DoF preview.

I'm pretty sure I need a diopter adjustment but I'm not sure which one I need. Any suggestions?

Jun 09, 2012 at 01:39 PM
CVickery
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #2 · p.6 #2 · Nikon F3 vs Olympus OM2 - 50mm F1.4

FlyPenFly wrote:

I'm pretty sure I need a diopter adjustment but I'm not sure which one I need. Any suggestions?

The early bodies w/o diopter adjustment are a pain for those of us that need this. I'd suggest finding a body with an adjustable diopter and use it to estimate what diopter you'd require. Be careful though since some VF already have a default of -.5 or so. Once you have an idea, you know what to buy. I noticed that the OM diopters are relatively scarce. I ended up by using some silicone adhesive to glue a Nikon FE diopter (easy to find) into a OM Eyecup.

Jun 09, 2012 at 03:18 PM
mawz
• • • • • •
p.6 #3 · p.6 #3 · Nikon F3 vs Olympus OM2 - 50mm F1.4

FlyPenFly wrote:

Is the meter readout sharp? If so, it's not diopter but simply the not very snappy focus screen. Otherwise try and match the diopter to how you have your DSLR setup.

Jun 09, 2012 at 06:07 PM
FlyPenFly
• • • • •
p.6 #4 · p.6 #4 · Nikon F3 vs Olympus OM2 - 50mm F1.4

Okay using my A850 and my NEX-7, I figure out I need about a -2 to -3 diopter adjustment. I have it about two clicks from all the way up on the A850 and its about nearly all the way up for the NEX-7 as well which matches up with real life.

My far vision is bad, but I can see things perfectly that are about monitor distance away.

Where the heck do I buy one for the OM-2n?

Jun 10, 2012 at 03:24 PM
OneAnt
• • •
p.6 #5 · p.6 #5 · Nikon F3 vs Olympus OM2 - 50mm F1.4

I really don't like the F3 Fly and am fortunate that it was a loaner. For street the meter is near impossible to see even in good light and I'd have to carry a light meter. The only on body adjustment I can make quickly is aperture on the body of the lens. The tiny grip is tiring and the high-point viewfinder is over exaggerated which is not uncommon for Nikon owners. I thought about going to something with a needle meter but I'm more determined for the pictures than I am for the romance of the equipment ...so an f100 is on its way to me now.

Jun 19, 2012 at 06:51 PM
OneAnt
• • •
p.6 #6 · p.6 #6 · Nikon F3 vs Olympus OM2 - 50mm F1.4

Nikon F100 user manual pg.9
Take trial shots before shooting at important occasions like weddings or graduations.

and Nikon continues to this day to offer such valuable tips in their user manuals ...

D800/800e owners manual pg.xiii
When operating the viewfinder diopter adjustment control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally.

Jun 20, 2012 at 12:56 AM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.