FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Forest #2

Zeph
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Forest #2

It's undeniably beautiful when the forest wakes up to a sunny spring morning, but it sure makes for difficult composition. I wanted to center the FG ferns but that would have included some very bright areas in the distance.

May 14, 2012 at 09:20 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Forest #2

These shady forest scenes are really tough. There always seems to be some bright slivers of light somewhere behind the trees. I think you did an excellent job here and I would not have noticed the off center ferns had you not mentioned them.

Everything seems sharp and in focus, the first thing I look for. It also seems well exposed which is tough in this light. The scene itself is gorgeous and evokes our love of forests and greenery and old wood.

I can't seem to do these scenes myself. I always want to include everything and when that's impossible, I get lost as to what to include. You seem to have that art.

May 14, 2012 at 09:34 AM
TripleYYY
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Forest #2

Nice work here Zeph. Well done on avoiding the brighter areas that would draw the viewers eye away from this very nice forest scene.

Y

May 14, 2012 at 09:36 AM
Zeph
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Forest #2

ben egbert wrote:
These shady forest scenes are really tough. There always seems to be some bright slivers of light somewhere behind the trees. I think you did an excellent job here and I would not have noticed the off center ferns had you not mentioned them.

Everything seems sharp and in focus, the first thing I look for. It also seems well exposed which is tough in this light. The scene itself is gorgeous and evokes our love of forests and greenery and old wood.

I can't seem to do these scenes myself. I always want to include everything and when that's
...Show more

Thanks Ben for the thoughtful remarks. I've leaned that often, it's more important to find things to exclude than to try to "get" it all...

May 14, 2012 at 01:50 PM
cpoole
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Forest #2

Perfect balance in range of tones. Nothing is lost anywhere in the frame. I agree with Ben - hard to do when you have sunlight (or sunlit sky) in the frame also.

May 14, 2012 at 02:11 PM
Zeph
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Forest #2

cpoole wrote:
Perfect balance in range of tones. Nothing is lost anywhere in the frame. I agree with Ben - hard to do when you have sunlight (or sunlit sky) in the frame also.

Tonal balance is what keeps it real, though I think this shot might need a bit more shadow.
Thanks for the comment Christopher.

May 14, 2012 at 09:13 PM
ScaryFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Forest #2

This is fantastic. Such a natural scene. Well exposed and composed.
Ute

May 15, 2012 at 06:58 AM
Lothen
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Forest #2

Great quality Zeph

Per

May 16, 2012 at 03:33 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.