Deadline: September 1st noon UTC/GMT

MA Rules ยท Current entries

FM Forums | Monthly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · #97 Oldest City Hall in Arizona

normsmith
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #97 Oldest City Hall in Arizona

Built in 1882 and still functioning as a City Hall in the "Town To Tough to Die."

Good Luck All
Norm

Edited on May 14, 2012 at 02:37 PM · View previous versions

May 12, 2012 at 01:57 PM
Hightraxx
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #97 Oldest City Hall in Arizona

Very nice Norm, a lot of history threw those doors, I would like to see the crop at the bottom more level it is just a little distracting.

Norm

May 14, 2012 at 07:24 AM
normsmith
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #97 Oldest City Hall in Arizona

Hightraxx wrote:
Very nice Norm, a lot of history threw those doors, I would like to see the crop at the bottom more level it is just a little distracting.

Norm

Thanks Norm, I cropped a different image. The problem is that building is on sloping ground, as is much the town of Tombstone.
Norm

May 14, 2012 at 08:59 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #97 Oldest City Hall in Arizona

I agree about cropping out the scene left and right, going vertical, but not that tight to the bottom. Needs a little room. Might look really nice in B&W too.

May 14, 2012 at 11:51 AM
normsmith
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #97 Oldest City Hall in Arizona

Travis Rhoads wrote:
I agree about cropping out the scene left and right, going vertical, but not that tight to the bottom. Needs a little room. Might look really nice in B&W too.

Travis and Norm,

Sorry but I can't incorporate both of your suggestions.. I don't have enough at the bottom to work with. I may return to Tombstone and retake the shot.
Norm

May 14, 2012 at 01:59 PM
weissj
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #97 Oldest City Hall in Arizona

I agree about the crop. You might also consider a slightly wider aperture. I've read that, with digital sensors at least, an aperture over 9.0 or so can actually reduce sharpness.

If you do revisit the scene, maybe go at a time when the sun isn't casting shadows on the building too?

May 14, 2012 at 02:07 PM
normsmith
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #97 Oldest City Hall in Arizona

weissj wrote:
I agree about the crop. You might also consider a slightly wider aperture. I've read that, with digital sensors at least, an aperture over 9.0 or so can actually reduce sharpness.

If you do revisit the scene, maybe go at a time when the sun isn't casting shadows on the building too?

Well, I found another image that I have cropped to address various concerns but this is my last submission. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Norm

May 14, 2012 at 02:39 PM

FM Forums | Monthly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.